Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Psoriatic Arthritis...Mmyeah...

I don't know why but it's been a difficult diagnosis for me to share with people in my real every day life.  My friends would ask me "So what all happened with you?"  And I would generalize it by saying it was just an arthritis attack gone awry.  But I didn't want to share with them the fact that coupled with my arthritis, I was suffering with large and small scaly and flaky psoriasis all over my scalp, my back and shoulder blades, my legs and even in my ears!  Gross right?  I am totally embarrassed still so I have pretty much mastered the art of scarf and beanie hat wearing.  Thankfully, I have a head for that (or so I've been told).

I'm still navigating the waters of this illness but so far I know that it's an auto-immune disease.  My immune system is working against me not with me and I find that to be so offensive.  Not cool, body.  Not cool.  So far there have been a few things that have helped me feel a little better since the onset of all this. (I'm going to call it that October 2013 was when everything really started deteriorating.)  Here are a few things you might consider doing as well:

*Daily morning stretches
*Exercise
*Juicing daily
*Dry Brushing
*Elimination Diet
*Detoxing
*Get plenty of rest
*Drink plenty of water
*Getting out of bed before 10am

Now all of these things are being done on a pretty consistent basis in my life now and I must say that they help alot.  Like, alot alot.  And I will break down each bullet point as time goes on so you can fall down the health rabbit hole along with me like I did a few months ago when I couldn't move or go anywhere or do anything BUT research my symptoms late into the night and make spreadsheets and Google Drive documents until I was blue in the face.

So on tomorrows agenda we will discuss juicing and how I found the best juicer for my specific needs and how I will ask to be buried with it possibly.  I'm still trying to get The Man on board.

My best,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn!

My name is Kathleen Engel and I am an editor at Health Monitor Network in Montvale, NJ. My company publishes guides and magazines on various health conditions that are distributed free to patients in doctors' offices. (You can see our site at healthmonitor.com.)

I am working on our next issue of the Guide to Living with Psoriasis and would love to interview you for either a piece on psoriasis or PsA. If you might be interested, please send me an email address and I can send you a copy of our last guide. That may help you make your decision.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you're willing!

Best,
Kathleen Engel
KathleenE@healthmonitor.com

Lynn said...

Thanks Kathleen for all your hard work on this subject that is now something I really really care about. I can't wait to see what it is you do. I'm sending you an email now.

My best, Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...