Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Fits Like A Glove


New here? Start here...

Did You Know...
...that because vegetable based dish soaps omit most of the harsh and toxic chemicals that are normally present, it will take just a little longer to clean your dishes than usual?

But tis okay with me! I don't mind making a few extra swipes across the plates and cups to get it truly clean. If I am basically eliminating 90 something percent of the normal amounts of chemicals I'm exposed to when I do dishes then yippee for me. And my kids, and my husband, and the earth.

With an intro like this you know what I'm going to say next right? Or rather what I will talk about today? The hint is definitely in the title...yep, you got it, I love my new dish soap.

This one.


All that's missing is her cape!

Now although Mrs. Meyers Basil scented dish soap was a swing and a miss for me, I cannot say the same for the Lemon scented variety. Because I love it. It has this sweet lemony aroma that it gives off nicely as I do the dishes but unlike its counterpart - it doesn't hang around unwanted after the party is over.

After the dishes are done and actually completely air dried in the strainer I took a cup or two and took a whiff to see if the lemon lingered. And it didn't. That was really what I was worried - nay, terrified - about happening. I was worried that I would have dropped my coins on something that would awaken my gag reflexes in an unwanted fashion (and in front of guests no less!)

Considering that Mr. M (I really need to give the family nicknames for when I do talk about them on here don't I?) aka "The Hubs" bought this gem for a whopping $2.50 on clearance at WalMart, saving .50 cents in the process since the last time I purchased the Basil, I think that I have a good thing on my hands.

So that is my review on the newly acquired Mrs. Meyers Dish Soap Lemon Verbena scented. I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up and if I was Greek with money "like that" it would get two smashed plates with an "Opa!" thrown in for some added fun too.

How was everyones weekend? Anyone run out of soap? Well if you did, at least now you know what to replace it with.


My best,
Lynn

Song of the Week: From the Sing Off I present to you Pentatonix performing "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles. I think I will showcase these talented acapella groups all month. (Click on the link or view the video in the sidebar.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...