Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Needed An Intervention

New here? Start here...

I knew that my skin was breaking out like crazy. I wasn't delusional or ignorant to the fact that I was stressed out to the max because my kids were both starting school in August so my carefree wake up with the sun days were soon coming to an abrupt end. I knew that I wanted my house to look spic and span before the school year started just so we could all start fresh and on a new page. I knew that I was starting down a new dietary path of cutting out all red meats and becoming someone who only eats seafood pretty much and that it would probably do some adverse things to my body during the detox process.

I knew all this. And my body knew it too. And it was rebelling against me. It was waging psychological and physical warfare against itself and it didn't know what else to do other than behave like a pubescent teenager and develop a bad case of acne.

Which is news to me. I thought I was out of those woods. Past that hump. Free and clear until menopause, whenever that jewel may come. But my body said "Nope ya dope. We've got other plans."

And here's where we all are going to get a little closer. And I will let the camera now do the talking...

This is me this morning...my face on any given day.

Now here is the nitty gritty of what I am dealing with...









So see what I'm talking about? Now yesterday I told you about my new book on the block which from here on out I declare to be named "T-PENH" (let's keep the H silent, because otherwise it would just sound weird and a wee bit asthmatic.

Anyway, T-PENH says that acne expert Albert Kligman, M.D., Ph.D, of the University of Pennsylvania Medical School treats his patients successfully with severe acne anywhere from 300,000 to 1,000,000 I.U. (international unit) of vitamin A daily. Now that's a whole lotta Vitamin A right? I think so.

Now since I didn't feel like what I am dealing with is a severe case of acne I decided that one capsule of 8,000 I.U. of the vite would help out.


So I took a softgel capsule and poked a hole in it with a clean needle.

Applied a dab to my finger.

Applied it liberally all over each affected sides of my face.


Since I only used about half the capsule and the daily recommended amount is 1 capsule daily with food, I swallowed the rest and then ate a banana.

And now we all wait and see what happens next. I will be doing this on a daily basis until I either start seeing results or I come to the realization that it's not working.

How about any of you folks? Ever been on a vitamin A kick to combat the adult acne? Has anything else helped you out with this similar problem? I'm desperate here, the kids are starting to stare...


My best,

3 comments:

Mammatalk said...

I've never heard of that! Let us know if it works!

Lynn said...

Will do. I'm nervous and all excited at the same time.

My best, Lynn

Herryponting said...

Some here great idea..Alacer Emergen-C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...