Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Body by Ouch That Hurt

New here? Start here...

Happy Monday everybody!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was just...meh...and that's because lastweekend this mama was playing outdoors with the fam and went for a superwoman move and tried to jump into a tire swing by way of a piece of long bark my husband installed as a kind of handle for the kids. Am I painting the picture well enough? Well let me break it down for you. I went to put one foot into the tire and simultaneously pull the rest of my body up by way of the "handle" so that I could just swing away to my hearts content. So imagine all that momentum behind me as I was flying upward when just as soon as I had grabbed that handle it snapped in half and henceforth I went hurtling backwards towards the earth from about 6 feet up in the air.

Eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......kersplat! Boom! Yep, if any of you felt the earth move beneath your feet around 3 p.m. last Saturday don't worry, it was just me making a crater in the ground with my body.

And then there I was just laid out in the grass under the tree with the wind knocked out of me and not being able to speak much other than "Don't. Touch. Can't. Talk. Wind. Out. Me." to my husband who had run over and I vaguely through a cloud of ringing in my ears remember hearing him say "Are you hurt? Are you hurt? What can I do?" Then I looked over to my poor babies (who were up in the tree) and saw how mortified they looked and managed to eek out a "I'm okay!" even when I clearly wasn't. I just didn't want them to freak out ya know?

Well I hemmed and hawed all week until Sunday when my husband finally forced me to go to the ER because he saw how much pain I was in. Thankfully I went because I was able to get clarification that I didn't break any ribs and that the small golf sized lump in my side wasn't cancer but probably just a massive knotted bruise under the surface.

Time and patience will help heal these wounds and I am all for that. So long as I get back to my old self and I'm not crouched over like Quasimoto anymore.

For now, I am just going to be taking many soaks with epsom salts, use my warm rice sock at night to ease the tension in my muscles, and take it easy. That last one is just a little joke I like to throw in because in this day and age what woman of any circumstance can really take it easy? If Martha and Oprah can't, then who can I ask ya, who can...

So how was your weekend? Any injuries or 3 hour hospital visits like me? I mean come on, should it really be called "Quick Care" if it takes 3 hours?!?


My best,
Song of the Week: I know you come here for a sunshine-y song every Monday, but sometimes I just have to showcase some beautiful raw vocals just for the sheer appreciation factor. Sorry if this one makes you cry because you aren't alone.....Adele's"Someone Like You"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...