Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How to Put On Perfume

New here? Start here...

I've always wanted one of these old school spritzer versions...


I knew a lady that used to spray a literal cloud of perfume in her bedroom and then proceed to walk straight through it. To say that she would always smell heavily of whatever is her scent of choice that day would be an understatement.

I love a nice scent just as much as the next girl, but smelling like I took a bath in it just isn't my thing. There are actually alot of people that are allergic to heavily scented things like perfume (considering that there are rarely ingredients labels on most jars it's a no wonder so many people are allergic - we really haven't the slightest idea what they are using in these things)

So if we must dive into the arena of wearing perfume (natural versions or otherwise) here are a few tips as to where to apply it to extract it's maximum scentitude.
  • Wrists
  • Inside crooks of elbows
  • Behind the knees
  • Chest
  • Behind earlobes
And why pray tell should you apply it into any of these spots? Well these areas are your hot spots that when you have a blood surge for any reason they warm up faster and closest to the surface which then triggers your body to evaporate the alcohol in the perfume and hence, release the scent.


This little bottle here is what got me my hubby. Well that, my cooking, and my winning personality I guess...
snort...chortle, chortle...

Now before I go, just to clarify, the woman I mentioned in the outset wasn't applying just a general fruity and light atomizer (body mist in a spritz bottle), but rather one of those really floral type scents that are really just a bit - much.

So those are my suggestions as to where to apply your perfume to your body to maintain friendships and not alienate others. Hope you enjoyed it.

My best,
*Cool water photo from The Scent Perfumery
*Prada perfume photo from Designer Planet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...