Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eat It!

New here? Start here...

In the words of the great Weird Al Yankovic "Eat It"

photo from Stern Fan Network of Weird Al in his "Fat" video

Lately I have been teetering on the edge of insanity when it comes to food. Have you ever wanted to just call it a fat year? I'm not obese but mentally there is something going on with me that secretly admires someone who can just throw caution to the wind and eat to their hearts content and not really care about the consequences. Or constant knee pain, or the threat of diabetes.

All my life I have been pretty athletic and have sported a pretty svelte physique. But after having made 2 humans and delivered them naturally I can verify that yes it's true, most things don't just snap back into place like you would have hoped or as it appears it did for Jessica Alba after her second child. And now that I am one year away from turning 30 I'm mulling over in my mind "Does it even matter anymore a few extra pounds? I mean come on, if this recession keeps going like it's going, and inflation keeps rising, I am going to need more fat reserves than I've got right now." Hence the 2 - count 'em, 2 - fudge brownies I ate last night after making a fresh batch for dessert.

Now. Did I send my husband 3 separate texts asking for him to pick up certain junk foods from around town while I knew he was running errands last night? And did said texts vary wildly from: "Maybe we should have another baby..." to "A McDonalds hot fudge sundae, no wait. I mean a vanilla cone. Nope. A bag of Poppycock. Umm...umm...wait. Okay, a bag of Hint of Lime Tostitos. Or maybe Doritos?"

The Hint of Limes won out just to let you know. My tummy....my brain....it's a constant war I tell ya.

How about you all? Do you ever have days where you just want to eat 2 of everything slathered in chocolate or sprinkles?


My best,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...