Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Not So Bubbly


New here? Start here...


Recently I went to my local dreaded Wal-Mart to do a grocery run and every time I do this I swing down the household cleaning aisle to see if they have anything new and non-toxic for me to do my thing when it comes to cleaning up my house.

This time I swung by and was pleasantly surprised that I found Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Liquid Dish Soap (Basil Scent) and it was on sale for $3.00 a bottle. Hayo! I bought that thing up and brought it home like it was going out of style. I have been wanting to try this brand for awhile now. So here is my review...


First off, the first thing you realize about this soap is that it is a very potent basil smell. It really engulfs the room it is being used in. I am still "eh" on how much I like that. Maybe it's the scent that is making me so indecisive. The basil is so strong that it almost always makes me want to make a pesto or have some sort of spaghetti or rotini pasta in my mouth as I do the dishes. There was a lemon scented option but for some reason I wanted to try the basil. I mean come on, it's not every day that you find a basil scented anything. So the guinea pig in me wanted to be curious. I think the thing too that is concerning about how strong the smell is, is that since it is a food-type scent I am worried (irrational fear alert - or is it?) that the smell will attract all bugs, critters, and grubs of the like within a 50 mile radius over to my house for what they think will be a big ol' sit down Italian feast. Food smells attract animals. Plain and simple. And I'm not cool with that. I screech and run from situations like that.

But the soap gets the job done. It cleans the dishes just fine. This doesn't give you tons of foam however, so let's not get our hopes up that we will get bubbles for days with this here bottle.

The majority of the ingredients that make up the soap are being touted as being 97% naturally derived. Which is a plus and 2 thumbs way up for that. Cruelty free and biodegradable bottles? Check and check! Oh and did I mention that it is made in Minnesota? Gotta love that. What's the deal with my Minnesota affections? I have no idea. Any psych majors want a free case study?

So in the end, I guess I would suggest this product. Sheesh...what an underwhelming endorsement ay? Okay, you know what I think the problem is? I really think the basil is what is throwing it all off for me on this. I am going to try the Lemon and then review that one as well. Or just give a little update on it on a separate post altogether. Who knows?

Have any of you tried out Mrs. Meyers products lately or in the past? How do you like it? And has anyone tried the Lemon scented dish soap and can save me the typing time and instead I can just put a link to your review? Haha! 2 thumbs up for blog slothness...

My best,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...