Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Seal in that Moisture

New here? Start here...

Remember Wednesday when I shared that awesome oatmeal yogurt face mask with you? Well in the directives I told you at the end to add your moisturizer of choice to seal in that moisture that your face was still riding high on.

I will share with you the moisturizer that I used. The lovely people over at Made from Earth sent me a sample package a few months ago to test out and review so today I will be doing their holistic honey body lotion review.

photo lifted from madefromearth website

In the words of the Company, "Made from Earth is an organic, holistic and healthy supplier of organic body lotions, organic face creams, and, organic lip balms to meet your healthy skin care needs." Which is just the kind of company we all love!

This pretty much all natural gem of a lotion is great for sealing in that moisture after a steam shower or face mask application. It will help keep that dewy supple youth like skin going long after the scrubs and masks are taken off. (I'm on 2 days post face mask and my face still feels soft.) The rarely found organic honey in the lotion is a nice touch because honey is a natural humectant (here comes the science!) Humectants are a molecular substance that preserves the moisture or water content of the skin. So if you tend to have dry skin then this will be your jam and this is the lotion to go with. Honey naturally hydrates which means adds water and also has antioxidant properties that will be deposited into your skin. For hours after I applied this lotion to my face it felt ah-may-zing! "Angelic" and "babys bottom" are key words that come to mind when I would describe how good my face felt and feels still.

The directions say to apply it to skin in a circular motion and then after it is absorbed, do a second rub down to ensure it really sticks I guess. This lotion really works and my only kvetch is that it doesn't smell the greatest. It doesn't give off a tremendous honey scent, it's kinda more like an alcoholy kinda smell. But being in the natural world you come to expect some things not to always smell like lavender fields.

Specs: 8 oz. bottle (it's a pretty tall green slender bottle) for $29.99. This is a really great Company with some really nice products so go and check them out over at their website.


My best,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiуa! I know this is κinda off toρic however , I'd figured I'd аsk.

Wοuld you be іnteresteԁ in exchanging
lіnkѕ or maybe guest аuthoring a blog poѕt or vice-versa?
My sitе covеrѕ a lοt of the
ѕame subjectѕ аs yours and I think we could greаtly
bеnеfit frоm eаch other. If you hapρen to be intегestеd feel freе tо
sеnd me an e-mail. I looκ forward to hearіng
from yοu! Fantastic blοg by the way!


Haνе a loοk at my web site - what is the best skin exfoliator

Anonymous said...

Aw, thiѕ was аn incгedіbly nіce post.
Spending ѕome time anԁ aсtual effort
to make a supеrb article… but what cаn I say… I hesitаte a lot and dοn't seem to get nearly anything done.

My page warrior forum wso

Anonymous said...

It's very trouble-free to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this site.

Feel free to visit my web-site - here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...