Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

One Day at A Time

New here? Start here...

My journey towards vegatarianism is just rolling right along. Todays short post is just a quick little update....

So far, so good. Since Thursdays post about me becoming a vegetarian and taking a week off from meat to decide if I'm strong enough, have enough willpower, am doing this for the right reasons, etc., etcetera.....I have been holding steady. We ate out most of the weekend (because we are a family on the move) and I was able to find decent food all over town.

I also made another decision. You might think less of me but I'm prepared for that and I'm okay with it. I've decided that I will probably be a pescatarian. That is someone whose diet mainly consists of fruits and vegetables but also seafood. So I can eat fish. And no other meats. I think that is a pretty decent looking menu for my everyday yeah?

Just wanted to fill you in on my progress thus far and make a noise so you don't think I croaked from lack of burger meat.

Now my only thing I am currently kicking around is whether or not to give up eggs. Hmmm....any thoughts on the matter? Let me know y'all.


My best,
Song of the Week: "Peaches" by The Presidents of The United States of America. Why not?

2 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Wishing you the best on your journey. No lowered thoughts on your choice. It is, after all, your decision. And if it works for you, then great!

blueviolet said...

My daughter was vegetarian for a year, then went vegan for about 2 years and found that incredibly difficult to deal with. The lack of dairy products is what ultimately led to her returning to vegetarianism. Now she occasionally eats fish as well, so I guess she's a part time pescatarian.

I don't call myself a vegetarian, but I eat very, very little meat because I don't like it. I just don't want to give myself that label and then be stuck with it. Besides, I am CRAZY about bacon! It's the only thing really holding me back. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...