Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Let's Face It

New here? Start here...

We all love face masks and facials don't we? I know I appreciate a spa day at home now and again. And again, and again, and again. <---did anyone else suffer through "Dude Where's My Car" back in the day? Back to my face. It's looking rough these days, I'm not going to lie. The right side looks alright but the left side has been looking like the dark side of the moon. You know, the side with all the craters and bumps all over it. The side the moon would rather you not photograph.

So today I am getting tough with my tough skin. I have a combo pack of sorts going on. My whole face has different types of skin in all different areas. My chin is dryer than my cheeks, but right below my eyes it is usually dry also. Then my T Zone (that consists of the forehead and the bridge of your nose - that form a T) is usually looking like Death Valley it's so dry. But get this, my temples are like an oil slick just happened. Is that enough descriptives for you? I tell ya I am nothing if not thorough. I should so work for The Home Shopping Network.

I am going to start trying different face masks and reporting back to you on them on here so we can all benefit together. I know, gather in, group hug.

Let's get to it shall we?

I decided that a multi-purpose, all skin types kinda mask was what I needed. If you are looking for the same then here is what you will be needing...recipe adapted from beauty.about.com

Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask


1 tbsp oatmeal, finely ground
1 tbsp live, organic yogurt (I just used my plain unorganic yogurt)
A few drops of honey

* I ground the oatmeal for a few seconds in the blender until nicely ground. Put it in a bowl.


*Add the yogurt to the oats and mix em up.


*Warm up the honey in the microwave for around 7 seconds.
*Add honey. Mix it all together.


*Apply to face and leave on for 10-15 minutes.

let the aborigine jokes begin...

*Rinse off with warm water gently, then apply a warm washcloth to the face for 1 minute.
*Apply moisturizer of your choice to seal in the moisture.

Ooo-la-la!

And you are done and your face feels amazing and looks wonderful! My skin is so soft that my baby girl comes up to me and touches it and says "Feeeeeels Soooooft!"

Come on and try it and tell me your thoughts on the matter.


My best,

3 comments:

Doing it My Weigh said...

oooo, I will be trying this over the weekend. I love making my own beauty and hair products. I will let u know how it turns out!

Lynn said...

Please update me on how you liked it. And be prepared to not be able to keep your hands off your face all day!

My best, Lynn

Doing it My Weigh said...

Guess What? I tried this and loved it. I even had my BFF to give it a go! I will be doing this at least once per week! Thanks again for posting this...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...