Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Seventh Gen...Again


New here? Start here...


I love my kitchen don't get me wrong....


But do you see what is missing in this picture? I'll give you one guess. It rhymes with fishwasher. And it would make my life a whole lot easier.

Yep, hence the 2nd sink drainer full o' dishes. We live in a cute little ranch style house built in 1971 that fulfills most of my dreams - not all- but it's a house and a place to lay my head at night. I don't know what the builders had against dishwashers when they put cement to brick to make this place but since they became popular in houses since the 50's I say there is really no excuse. Man, I'm kinda cranky today aren't I? I'm going to have to figure out where this animosity is coming from. It's not good for my old heart.

Oh wait I know what it is...it's the fact that I was up until midnight doing dishes because we DON'T HAVE A DISHWASHER!!!! I'm just kidding (mostly) I am not that tore up over the fact that I have to wash my dishes by hand. I'm romanticizing the dishwasher in my head, but the more I think about it the more I remember how much of a pain it was in our last place. By the time we moved out we were having to practically clean the dish ourselves anyway before putting it into the d.w. (dishwasher for times sake. I'm babysitting 4 kids today so between naps, these fingers, they are a-flyin'!) If we didn't wash off the dish and get the food off of it beforehand, then when it came out of the d.w. it would have even more food on it and even worse it would be baked on from the steam dry we would put it through! Talk about torture.

And don't even get me going on water spots....oy! I must digress before the vein in my neck makes an appearance. The real reason that I don't miss having a d.w. these days is because I have a great dish soap. Let me tell you about it.

seventh GENERATION
Natural Dish Liquid
Free & Clear


It is I'm going to say about 98% all natural because there are 2 ingredients I'm unsure of. Wait for it. Methylisothiazolinone and benzisothiazolinone. Say that 1 times fast. It's hard enough right? But these two mamma jammas are the synthetic preservatives used in the soap. Some sites have said they aren't the best and to keep an eye out for them. Like, don't trust them to house sit anytime soon.

The bottle says that it is touch on grease, hypoallergenic and non-toxic. I agree. My skin isn't itchy or burning afterwards nor am I sneezing or gagging either. And I'm down with that. It's the preferred liquid that I want to expose my pores to on a daily basis. It gives a good lather, not a ton, but enough to get that feeling like something wonderful is happening.

I bought it for around $3 bucks at my local wal mart. Plus you could probably score it cheaper because their website seventhgeneration.com usually have coupons for moneys off their products. Like right now they have 50¢ off of their diapers, wipes, and training pants. Thank you Sev Gen (okay now I'm just being lazy).

So that is my suggestion to you for your safe beauty to flourish even in the kitchen. Elbow deep in caked on mac-n-cheese plates.

Do you have a favorite dish soap? Am I the only one in todays modern world without a dishwasher? Come on, misery loves company, so all you non-d.w.ers sound off. You are not alone anymore.



My best,

* Wonder why my title says Seventh Gen...Again? Because I wrote about them awhile back in '09 right here. So catch up with me, won't you?
* Legal words here...this post wasn't sponsored and no monies have switched hands or PayPals for that matter. Just a nice product that I thought the masses would like just as much as me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...