Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh Really TODAY Show...


New here? Start here...

I am not one to think highly of myself. In fact, due to my being raised in a house with 4 brothers and no sisters they made sure to try and crush every living ounce of self-esteem my parents may have tried to instill in me. Thinking that I was pretty in any new frilly dress my mom bought me? DEEEENIED. Thinking that I could play tea party and dress up with my dollies? NOPE. I forget what year I finally gave up trying to be all girly girl and just succumbed to my tomboy ways. Climbing trees, swinging from vines Tarzan style, doorbell pranking my neighbors, switching out my Jasmin from Aladdin t-shirt for my brothers tuxedo screenprint t-shirt was now my thing.

In the words of the great Andy Bernard of the Office a few episodes back I must have thought to my young self "I guess this is my life now."

So when I write I like to think that I am just writing for myself and no one else is taking notice. Even when I look at my stats (which are quite nice these days so thank you one and all) I get all self-deprecating and say to myself "Don't get all happy, they probably just stumbled across here by missing a letter in their web address." See? Thanks big bros for helping my subconscious keep it real! But remember a few days back when I wrote about milk alternatives here? Well imagine my surprise when I wake up and click on my favorite morning show website - The TODAY Show.com - with Matt, Meredith, Ann & Al (and okay you get to join the lineup now too Natalie Morales) and realize that they did a morning segment on how consumers have more 'milk' options nowadays...like so.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Sooooo......yeah......the TODAY Show must be reading this blog right? I now write for the likes of Matt Lauer and the self-deprecation ends today. So tell your mama and your friends that you read a blog that the TODAY Show may or may not be imitating from. It will make you the hit of the party!


My best,

4 comments:

Smell Goods Lady said...

LOL. Continue to write till your heart is content. I'm reading...

NatureGirl said...

I bet it was Matt. He was reading your blog and was like..."Hey Mere...we should totally do a segment on this." And she is like..."Yeah, let's get Lester to do it!"...good on ya.

Lynn said...

LOL! You guys crack me up. And see my point exactly!

My best, Lynn

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

I do believe some lackeys at TV shows and movie studios troll the blogosphere stealing ideas...call me a conspiracy theorist1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...