Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Milk" Time


New here? Start here...

I have family visiting this week, my husband and I are putting on a pretty big event at the end of the month, and I basically haven't had the time to jump online lately. Needless to say, my email inbox is jam packed and if I haven't been over to your blogs or stopped in on your websites to say hey - I apologize.

Today I have a few pictures of what our family has been drinking for milk substitutes. My last post on my lactose free kids is right here so feel free to read that to catch up to what I'm talking about now.

My little girl is affected by milk by way of tummy aches and (T.M.I. alert!!!) green bowel movements. I used to suspect that she was sneaking Fruit Loops into her diet without me knowing because that is the only food that I remember turning poop green. Ha! I finally had a pediatrician recommend that we put her on Lactaid milk which is Lactose Free. Then the internist said that the fat from milk is what causes intestinal trouble. So here is where we have arrived with my daughters milk option:



Onto the Boy...

My little guy is just straight up allergic to dairy. At first we put him on the same Lactaid as my daughter to see how his body responded to that. Umm...didn't go so well. So we decided that we would get drastic and just pull all dairy out of his diet and see how that went. Sweet Success! But then we started to feel bad because there was only so much dry cereal we could stand watching him eat. I went straight to the store and spent some time looking at milk alternatives and have finally settled on this "milk" option:


foto property of me

I also have been drinking the above "drink" and my stomach feels great nowadays. I really think that I have been lactose intolerant all my life but my parents were more of the "suck it up and don't complain about anything because there are kids living under freeways out in California right now that would kill to have such delicious cows milk" type. So I would actually have to punch my belly at night to get to sleep. Oddly enough, it really helped with the pain. My mom used to give me a cup of warm milk at night to fall asleep. (Well meaning, so it's okay mom, I forgive you! ;o)

So if you or anyone you love is lactose intolerant then here are 2 options that you can take to remedy the situation.

What do you like to drink as an alternative to cows milk?


My best,
Song of the Week: Herman's Hermits "No Milk Today"

6 comments:

NatureGirl said...

I seriously LOVE my smoothies with almond milk...I like the unsweetened chocolate! DE. Lish.

Lynn said...

I agree. The almond milk does have a great little sweetness to it that I imagine is great for smoothies. I must try that chocolate version now. Thanks for the insight!

My best, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the issues.
It was really informative. Your site is very helpful. Many
thanks for sharing!
My blog - http://startupfact.com

Anonymous said...

Teгrifiс аrticle! Thаt is the kind of іnfo thаt arе supposeԁ to be shared across the web.
Shamе on the ѕearch engіnes for
nο longer poѕitioning this post upper!
Come on over anԁ seеk аԁvice from my site
. Thаnκs =)

Hеre is my ωеb-site Bellagenix Veloura
Stop by my web site : veloura, veloura cream, veloura reviews, anti aging veloura, anti aging cream veloura, bellagenix, bellagenix veloura, veloura cream, veloura &, bellagenix & veloura, veloura et bellagenix

Anonymous said...

Ι knоw thiѕ if off toρіc but Ι'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I'm aѕѕuming havіng a blοg liκe youгѕ ωould cοst a pretty ρenny?
I'm not very internet smart so I'm nοt 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Kudos
My webpage - sliminex

Anonymous said...

When I originally left a сomment І appear to have clіcked on the -Notify me ωhen new commеnts aгe added- checkbox anԁ now еvery
timе a commеnt is added I recіеve four emaіlѕ with the eхact sаme comment.

Thеrе hаs tо be an easy methοd yοu
can гemove me from that sеrvicе?
Тhаnks!
My web site : www.mitoslimreviews.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...