Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Press Here For Relief

New here? Start here...

Did You Know...
...that in diagnosing Fibromyalgia, doctors check eighteen specific points on the body, if the patient has eleven of the eighteen causing them pain, then they are diagnosed as having Fibromyalgia? - Answers.com


Remember that childhood song that goes "The hipbone's connected to the tailbone, the tailbone's connected to the blahbone...." and on and on? Okay well today I want to share a little gem with you about reflexology, or pressure points. Because so many of our body parts are connected in one way or another, it's amazing that pressing one area of the body can affect a completely different part.


Sleep aid pressure points to be exact. Some nights I just have so much on my mind that I can't sleep if my life depended on it. I end up tossing and turning for approximately one hour and then when I wake up it looks and sounds like the opening of almost every LOST episode. Wide eyes and a huge gasping of air. You follow me? So I looked into a natural sleep aid via pressure points.

There are a few and I found this awesome video showing you exactly where the points are and how to find them. The key is not to be rough but gentle. Just smoothly apply small amounts of pressure in the area and you should get the desired results.

I tried the one with my pinky and wrist (towards the end of the video) and no lie, 2 seconds in I let out a wicked big yawn and my eyes started watering and it's kinda hard to focus on this post because I really am suddenly tired. Now the quality of sleep I will get tonight is still up in the air, but I will tell you how it went.

In the meantime, enjoy this video and tell me which one you are going to try out or have tried and have been successful or failed with.

****DISCLAIMER: USE THESE TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. I CARE FOR YOU ALL, SO DON'T DO THESE IF YOU SUFFER FROM THINGS THAT ARE PRETTY SERIOUS OR ARE PREGNANT. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FIRST*****



UPDATE: BEST. SLEEP. EVER! I feel so rested and I am going to do this for sure on nights that I am feeling punchy or restless. Enjoy!

My best,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...