New here? Start here...
The weather is nice and warm here in down south USA and you know what that brings? A whole slew of my girlfriends are all preggos and making my stomach all aflutter with phantom baby kicks (those are real I don't care what anyone says!) So I think we should play a little game. Here are a few things that I have heard over the years that may be old wives tales or actual scientifically confirmed natural ways that you can use to figure out if you are indeed in the family way.
Here they are...
- If you suddenly have a really vamped up production of saliva. Like if you are spitting for what seems like round the clock, 24/7 then you may be pregnant.
- Your body will automatically have a strong instinct to protect the growing bebe so if you feel threatened in any way shape or form, like someone comes too close to your belly your hand will automatically go up to protect your belly. My husband and I used this method to figure out if I was pregnant with our 2nd and he pretended to punch me in the belly (sounds crazier when I say it out loud) and sure enough my hand went straight to my belly and sure enough we had a baby girl around 8 months later.
- Super sensitive boobahs. This can get tricky because they get the same way around PMS time. So this only applies if you have missed a period and suspect you may be pregnant.
- Super thirst. I mean like you feel like you just walked through the dessert so long that you would crack open a cactus just to see what's inside. I would feel like I needed an I.V. of H2O attached to my arm at all times.
- "The Hunger". Now this was a term affectionately used in our house through my pregnancies. It was my insatiable appetite for anything edible and it would strike at all hours of the day or night. It started even before I realized I was pregnant and my husband says that secretly that is how he knew I was pregnant. I am usually a pretty nutritious eater but when I started asking for sweet relish on nearly everything I wanted to eat, that's when I started to go "hmm..."
- Mood swings. Also happens when PMS rears its ugly head, but due to the crazy jumbled up mess of hormonal surges you will experience, this is something you will have to deal with. I say to have a list of nice things to do to make up for the Beast you may become to all loved ones within a 3 foot radius of you. Such as "Make husband a nice dessert." "Take mom out to lunch." These things will surely make up for the "I don't care if the store is closed, I want that ice cream even if you have to drive across state lines to get it!" or "I think telling me that twins ran in the family was a nice thing to know 9 MONTHS AGO MOM!" sayings that might just pop up now and again.
Now remember, if most all of these things are happening at that same exact time then by all means you should be e.p.t.ing it a.s.a.p. But if only one or two things are happening then maybe wait it out and see if you are just being impatient with your monthly "frienemy".
So I shared my thoughts on how you can tell if you are pregnant or not, how about you guys? What have you heard are tell tale signs you may be pregnant?