Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Healing Power of Lip Gloss



New here? Start here...


Do you ever have one of those days where your dehydration just catches up with you?



I felt exactly like that yesterday. My body felt like one giant raisin. Along with my lips. When I wake up with the feeling like I'm the walking dead for at least most of the morning, I don't feel like doing much. "Just the bare minimum please!" "I'll phone it in, thank you very much..."

Until I put my beloved lip balm slash lip gloss combo on and then it's like...

Look at me now! It's a complete pick-me-up in a tube. My outlook on the day was better after that, I did laundry and power cleaned, exercised, ran errands, and picked everyone up that needed picking up on time and on schedule (in my head that sounded like shhhhedule). To attest that lip gloss has crazy healing powers, what did my husband say to me after he got into the car after work?

"How are you feeling?" - he could tell I was not at my best this morning...
"Great!"
"Really? Wow....(pause and a sideways stare at me for a few seconds and then...)
"You're wearing lip gloss aren't you....?"

TADA! I am healed...

Question to discuss: What lifts you up? Your morning coffee? Tea? Prada heels? Do tell...leave a comment for all inquiring minds.


My best,

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I love lip gloss too but what lifts me up is singing and dancing to my favorite tunes...especially when done alone. :)

Lynn said...

Mrs. K - you are so right about the singing and dancing bit. Over here we try and have a family dance party at least once a week. Which has led to my 5 year old busting out his robot at random times in the grocery store. :o)

My best, Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...