Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Girls Gotta Eat...Series?


Since my last food post here, I have been eating alot of good things. Some not so good things as well have passed these here lips and hence this post. But I am definitely on track for a Master Cleanse this coming month of March for sure! And I might also get the hubby to hop on this healthy train too. (I think a man sees more of himself once he turns 30, and sees the places where change is necessary.)

When we decide which day we will start, we will definitely do a whole post on here on our progress, trials, pitfalls, rants, raves, and all around well-being while in the thick of it. Hopefully you will all leave comments and encourage us during it. Hint, hint...

Before any of that happens though, I need to tell you about this new series I'm starting. It's called A Girls Gotta Eat. I was inspired by my first food post and I have been purchasing healthier yummy foods whenever I want to eat the rowdy stuff. i.e. Doritos, Cheetos, Snickers, Extra Buttery Gobs 'O Goo Popcorn, etc.

Today I will tell you about this alternative to my dear Doritos. I swear they put some kind of opium in Doritos, because I go into this stupor and don't come out of it until I hit the bottom of the bag and can feel my lap! So here is my far superior alternative:



Here are the 7 bullets they have on the back of their bag:
  • All Natural
  • Whole Grain
  • ZERO Trans Fat
  • Gluten FREE - for all of you with food allergies
  • No Cholesterol
  • No Artificial Flavors
  • No Preservatives
All of these reasons led me to grabbing it off the shelf at my local WalMart and consuming it almost solely by myself (and yes it's because I eat it huddled over the bag like a vulture and slitted eyes watching and swatting any tiny hands that may come near mamas food...I have troubles...) I got the hot buffalo wing variety because I have been in a BBQ kinda mood lately and it seems like nothing can satisfy it. Except for these of course. They are made by either a company called Popcon, Indiana or in a town called Popcorn, Indiana - I still have no clue.

Go out and get some for yourself and you will see why this made the A Girls Gotta Eat Series.

Oh and by the way, whatcha eatin' these days?


My best,
P.S. I wasn't given this for free. I was just hungry and bought it myself. Side note: am I going to have to say when I buy things too or just when things are given to me? Hmm....

Song of the Week: My kids have been singing this songs chorus for the last two days. The profoundness is so lost on them.... Peggy Sue "Watchman". Click on the video to the right or click here to be transported to YouTube. This video makes them look quite dirty, but they clean up nice in others I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...