Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mineral Makeup Warning!

New here? Start here...

Did You Know...
...that during Victorian times, upper class society women hardly wore any makeup at all? This was left to stage actresses, working class women and prostitutes! (so says they at makeup-tips-for-beginners.com)


You like my sensationalized title this lovely Monday morning? Haha! Well let me tell you something. A few months back I was talking to one of my makeup artist friends and I was just shooting different things off of her to learn more about makeup and whatnot. She is a superb MA and I trust everything she ever tells me about makeup. So I asked her

"Hey friend, what do you think about mineral makeup? I want to make my own but I need help with this certain element - can ya help?"

"Mineral makeup? That stuff is dangerous didn't you hear? Oh yeah that stuff will give you cancer."

...............ummmmmmmmmm.....................uuuuuuuuuuuummmmm.................I'm sorry what'd ya say? Yes I indeed heard her correctly and she did say that mineral makeup is now a possible health risk. Well you know me, I just had to get to the bottom of this all. I mean, if I couldn't use my precious bare minerals then of what use am I to the world?

On the hunt I went and now I present to you my findings.

It seems that Dr. Oz was off running his mouth again. (sidebar: I totally respect you Dr. Oz and want to know what water you drink because you seem like you are defying time and age with your skin) This time apparently Dr. Oz was talking about the price of beauty and he touched on mineral makeup powders. The article is in the link above and what I will highlight is that he says the particles from mineral makeup are so fine that they have more of a likelihood to enter your lungs, irritate them, and can perhaps lead to lung disease in women and girls. **None of these claims were backed by hard science, nor are there statistics stating the likelihood of this happening to the majority of women. Yet. :o(**

He suggests applying it in a well ventilated area maybe an open window and my friend said to just apply it quickly and hold your breath for the time being - emphasis on "quickly". So like I said in my Please Don't Sue Me disclaimer - one day it's good for you, the next day it's what killed you, so I will just try and keep you informed and up to date on the latest and greatest of what is good for us and what's not.

On a separate note but also enlightening is on the page 3 tab of that write up there are videos at the end of the article and there are 2 really great ones of Supermodels Anti-Aging Secrets videos. Enjoy!


My best,

Music: Kenny Loggins says mineral makeup will take you right into the "Danger Zone". (No he doesn't, I think it was Tom Cruise who said that....yeah...definitely Tom....)

3 comments:

Madam b.Fly said...

I love your blog and you are beautiful for creating it. Bless. :-)

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

Aw, man...That sucks. I go sans make up most days, but when I feel like getting jezebel-ed up my got to make up is bare minerals. :-( Now I have to apply it while holding my breath :-) That should look cute

Lynn said...

@ Teresha - yeah just make the hubby look the other way while you put it on. LOL!

@ Madam - why thank you. :o)

My best, Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...