Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mums The Word....Update


I CAN SPEAK AGAIN! a Poem by Lynn....

Thank you ginger tea. Thank you garlic. And lemon peel you too. Who knew that you would care for me so delicately in my time of need? I knew not of your natural powers that would make my laryngitis cower at the very thought of my consumption of YOU! - finger snaps - fade to black - end scene -


My best,

*All 3 ingredients ended up curing my laryngitis in the form of tea boiled on the stove. I put the peel of 1 lemon, a chunk of fresh ginger and 1 semi-crushed garlic bulb in a pot filled with water and then boiled it for about 10 minutes, poured it into a mug, put a dollop of honey and drank about 5 cups a day for 2 days and that was it. Perfection. And no amoxicillin needed! :o)

Song of the Week: My daughter and I have been starting our days off with this beautiful diddy courtesy of Sesame Street "I Love My Hair". (Name dropper moment: I wrote the creator of this song a private thank you message on Facebook and he actually took the time to write back -too cool for school that one....:o)

4 comments:

K. Rock said...

Glad you are doing better. I will have to keep this recipe handy just in case I get hit with the same bug.

ANTM T-Shirt Designs And More said...

I must try that! Glad you are felling better!

Mrs. K said...

Glad you are feeling better :)

Wifey said...

So glad you're feeling better!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...