Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Mums The Word

New Posts Mondays
New here? Start here...


Did You Know...(remember these?)
...that laryngitis is an inflammation of your voice box (larynx) from overuse, irritation or infection...which can lead to the loss of your voice.


Hence. This. Post.


Today makes 5 days with no voice to speak of (ba dum bump). I've got the 'gitis bad. I usually get a sinus infection every other month but since going off of sugar for most of the summer they have been way fewer and much farther in between.

But maybe it was all the end of the season BBQ's and Back-to-School parties where I may or may not have overindulged in cupcakes, baklava, and any ol' brand of ice cream they had available at the time that have brought me to my current state.

Yeah, that's probably it.

So here I am having to be in the same room with whomever I'm trying to talk to or discipline. And trying every homeopathic cure that anyone will throw my way. Here are a few remedies I've tried.

  • Gargling an 8 oz. glass of kosher salt water a few times a day.
  • Drink 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar in a cup of water every hour for 7 hours in a row. (Worked for about an hour or two but then lost it again)
  • Made my familys bread soup recipe (shhh it's a secret - not really, but if you reeeeeally want it I'm willing to share)

All this and.....NADA! Nothing has definitively worked for me in this situation. What to do? What to do? Anyone have any suggestions? I'm up for anything. I'm only giving it one more day and then off to the Doctors office I go! I don't want to die....


My best,

Song of the Week: Although other than the chorus I have no clue what on earth he's singing, this weeks song is from Elvis Costello "I Can't Stand Up for Falling Down". I really can't stand having to concentrate on my health this early in life. (I'm almost 30 who am I kidding?)

4 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Hiya! Thanks for stopping by. I like what you've got going on here too. By the way, I'm a hand sewer but I'm not great at it--I do what I can. LOL.

Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose said...

ah sorry to hear about your voice! I like ginger and garlic tea as a good cold reliever!

7Teen Twenty2 said...

http://7teentwenty2.blogspot.com/

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

I hope you got your voice back by know. if not, honey, lemon and salt works on sore throats maybe it can calm the inflammation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...