Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ay Yo Vinny! (The many benefits of vinegar...)

New Posts Mondays.
New here? Start here....


Photo courtesy americanvegoil.com



So do you all see that MONDO jug on the far right? That is the one that I make sure to have in my pantry at all times. I use vinegar for so many things around this little ol' house that it is not even funny. Well...it's kinda funny I guess. My husband is always saying "There she goes with the vinegar again." For me, I guess it's my equivalent of the Greek dads Windex in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Just short of squirting it on a wart (I've never had one of those but I've read that vinegar helps with that too!) I do use it for just about everything in everyday life.

Here are some examples....

  • Let's just say that one day you realize that you forgot a load of laundry in the washer and now it's a stinky mess just sitting there. Splash about 1/2 cup of white vinegar into the washer along with the soap and it will knock out any muskiness present and it acts like a fabric softener as well. All natural baby!
  • You've got spots on your nice glass mirrors? Kids think it's funny to play tic tac toe with peanut butter fingers on the glass (happened!)? Make a mixture of vinegar/water equal parts and take a cloth and wipe down the mirrors with that. Initially it will smell like vinegar but only for about a minute - no lie. Then you have a nice streak free shine without the chemical hangover.
  • Stinky sink or hands after a dirty job? Put a splash of vinegar on your hands and wash them to help reduce the smell that way. Run a sink full of water and 1/4 cup vinegar to that and it should help neutralize the smell in the sink.
  • I have never heard of this but some claim that rubbing some full strength vinegar on a tooth and surrounding gums will help with the pain.
  • It can also be a great hair rinse. It helps to cut through product buildup and any shampoo residue. Here is a simple recipe: vinegar hair rinse
So do I love vinegar? YES! YES! YES! And so should you.... Oh and did I mention that it is a pretty cheap staple as well? Check it out and you'll see. :o)


My best,

Song of the Week: Jam on this! Yello "Oh Yeah". Depending on when you were born or how far back you can remember this song to you is either the Ferris Bueller song or the Twix song. Either way it's still enjoyable today.

2 comments:

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

big fan of vinegar over here! Some more uses:
I wash produce with it. I keep it in a spray bottle and mist the air to get rid of dust and allergens

Mammatalk said...

Vinegar fan over here, too! Of course, I never knew about the hair thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...