Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Whiter Teeth. And How?

New Posts Mondays!
New here? Start here...



Did You Know...
...that in a survey of 100 people, half reported that they experienced mild to moderate sensitivity after using an over-the-counter-strength whitening gel (a 15% carbamide peroxide solution)? - www.prevention.com

[white+teeth2.JPG]

Okay I'm sure that the before pictures aren't very appetizing to look at but the afters are wonderful aren't they? Over the years my teeth have been through alot with me. The latest tragedy was the "Peach Pit Incident" from a few months back which left me looking like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber...

DumbandDumber002.jpg

Yep, one of my FRONT teeth (tooths?) got chipped and I had to live like that for awhile until I could go and get it fixed finally this past week. Also, since having kids I have finally found the joy in caffeinated coffee in the mornings to help me function on all cylinders. I'm a completely different person when I'm on coffee. Think chihuahua mixed with a little hyena....scary I know, but the house gets cleaned that's for sure!

My teeth definitely have taken a hit due to my new found friendship with all hot beverages that start with the words French Vanilla. I went looking for ways to whiten my teeth again back to their pearly selves.

I remembered that back in high school I used to do a Hydrogen Peroxide solution rinse. Why I had stopped doing that I have no clue but the next time I was in the supermarket I bought a big 'ol bottle to bring home with me and get to work.
hydrogen-peroxide
All I do is after brushing I take about 1.5 ounces and swish it all through my mouth for 1 minute. Spit. Rinse. GO! This is not an instant fix to whiten but rather a nice gradual way to achieve whiter bites. So if you need whiteness today, sorry. You will see a difference but give it a few days or weeks depending on the depth of stain. The hydro pero is a weak acid so it will do a little bit at a time.

My 32 oz gigundo bottle of beauty only cost me .99 cents at my local Winn Dixie! I found it over near the pharmacy and the rubbing alcohol. I've usually seen them in brown bottles like in the picture above.

Anyone else use this easy method to naturally "bleach" your teeth? Let us know your technique...

My best,

Song of the Week: We are going with an instrumental this week. "Bad Tooth" by Lee "Scratch" Perry & the Upsetters. Just turn up the volume and walk away and enjoy the warm breeze of the sounds...

9 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hi Lynn!

Thanks for sharing this natural method of teeth whitening. Years ago, I used over the counter methods and a slightly costly one thru the dentist office and both gave me results along w/highly sensitive teeth. My teeth eventually got over their sensitivity but I vowed to use a natural means the next time. So I've pretty much stuck w/natural toothpastes that can whiten teeth.

I'd heard about hydrogen peroxide rinses a long time ago but had forgotten about it. Thanks for this post.

Mammatalk said...

Teeth bleach has always given me a stomach ache. I like this suggestion.

misslycia said...

This post is right on. I have read about the damage that those bleaching kits cause to tooth enamel. It seems counterproductive to have white, but damaged teeth.

I shared your post with my readers on facebook to spread the word. ;-)

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

my grandma taught me the peroxide trick when I was young. actually she mixed it with a little baking soda. It is a gradual process, but I can testify that it works. when I saw a dentist in college, he asked me if I was getting whitening treatments at the mall (it was just becoming popular). I told him no and inquired why he was asking. he said because my teeth were so white. bingo!

Liz K said...

This is a great post. I was just looking at my teeth the other day thinking man I need something. I will def be trying this may be with the baking soda.

W. Pro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn said...

Yes I think the baking soda will be a nice addition.

My best, Lynn

Jazzy said...

Lynn,

Yes I must say that I agree with you and Teresha. I went to dental school for a year so you are correct about the peroxide and baking soda concoction. I personally use peroxide and baking soda on a daily basis. First I brush my teeth, then use the concoction, then floss, then rinse my mouth out with mouthwash. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. But it's worth it to have clean, white, cavity-free teeth!

sanjeet said...

Teeth bleach has always given me a stomach ache. I like this suggestion.
home jobs india

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...