Monday, February 15, 2010

Organic Shea Butter Soap

New Posts Mondays!
New here? Start here...


Did You Know...
...that it takes at least 25 years for a Shea Nut Butter Tree to produce large numbers of fruits? - ahshayh.com


Raw Unrefined Shea Butter 1 lb
raw unrefined shea butter

I've read up on Shea Butter alot and have been intrigued by how much supposed healing power it contains for our skin. A lot of makers of products that contain shea butter say that the best kind to use is the unrefined, unbleached kinds. Otherwise, through these processes, a depleting of "the goods" shall we say, happens. Many of the healing and medicinal properties, the vitamins and minerals that are naturally in the shea butter are broken down. - ahshayh.com

I've been on the fence as to where to get some good shea butter. I figured I would buy it locally first and see if I liked it, before I got online and got it from some of my favorite online stores. It's official that I love shea butter. I use it and it leaves my skin feeling really clarified and smooth. I also use it - get this - as a hair shampoo! And my hair loves it. It comes out feeling soft and just good and clean. However.......I used it on my face one time......and...needless to say after I left the bathroom my kids kind of jumped back from me... ha! It left my skin feeling super tight and super dry. I had to quickly revert back to my tea tree oil face wash to correct the situation.

So as long as I'm not using it for my face, I love the stuff.

Where'd I get it? Why at my local Health Foods store of course! A 4 oz. bar for $3.49. Find it on Amazon where they have 5 new from $2.50. Also, by purchasing this soap a portion of the sale goes towards educating children in Benin, West Africa. I got the African Black Organic Shea Butter Soap by Out Of Africa, but it's not just for people of color. Interestingly enough, it was my very caucasian friend "Peggy" from the Health Food store that recommended this to me because she uses it daily she told me. This soap don't discriminate, so try it out whoever you are!

Product Details

My best,

Song of the Week: Good ol' Whitney Houston..."I'm Every Woman" so says the soap.....

10 comments:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

i must be doing something wrong with my shbutter--it makes my hair dry---it is because i added evoo in it?--i thought it was becuz of the weather--help a sistah out

Lynn said...

@ EssenseVibez...I forgot to mention in the post that this contains only 20% shea butter in it and the rest is vegetable derivatives. I just lather the bar in my hands and then rub the lather into my head and scalp pretty good. Then I rinse with warmish water. I would think adding EVOO would help to add some slip to your hair, right? Interesting...

My best, Lynn

Solgar vitamins said...

I like this soap.Actually i want to try it.

Earthly Reality said...

I love shea butter i use it on my skin in my hair i have a box of shea butter so i have to find creative ways to use it up. I just made a hair butter with 2 part coconut oil and 1 part shea butter with some added essential oil and it makes my hair soft and shinny.

Antique Mascara said...

I always wondered if shea butter was any good. I'll try it! Oh and Lynn I bought a harmonica for you know who... Oh, and give us a call as soon as possible! We want to come down in April for that thing! We SO need a vacation.

Made from Earth said...

I was just reading some articles on your blog and I would love if you could take a look at our company - and provide your readers with a product review. Made from Earth is an organic and chemical free skincare line - we are grassroots oriented and 100% cruelty free.
http://www.madefromearth.com

We have gotten If you are interested, let me know (1) your address so we can mail you samples, and (2) any other products you would like to review.

If you believe another arrangement may work best for your readers (i.e. like a giveaway), we are open to suggestions. Thank you for your consideration.

--

Natalie Jolee
M&S Associate
njolee@madefromearth.com
Made from Earth
http://www.madefromearth.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous said...

Admiring the commitment you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.
It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old
rehashed material. Excellent read! I've saved your site and I'm
including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
Feel free to surf my webpage : Genital Warts Treatment

Anonymous said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the highest quality blogs online.
I will highly recommend this website!

Also visit my site - domain names for sale
my site > domains for sale

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and
in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing on your feeds and even I fulfillment you get
entry to persistently rapidly.

Also visit my website :: Pur Essence

Anonymous said...

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have
discovered It positively helpful and it has aided
me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid different users like its helped me.
Great job.

Also visit my web-site ... webcam sex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...