Monday, January 25, 2010

Is Anyone Sick?

New posts Mondays!
New here? Start here...


Did You Know...
...Herbology is the oldest and only natural form of medicine known to mankind in every culture throughout the world? - Breyer State University



foto courtesy fotosearch.com


This weeks post will be short and sweet, I'm low on time and energy and it's only Monday! I did want to tell you about something I have been consuming lately so as to avoid the ahchoos and the sniffles associated with this years flu season. Although I have already had my un-fair share of the cold this year, I know that I am not completely immune to getting it again down the road. So I have been loading up on as many good for me herbal remedies I can get my hands on.

Lately my elixir of choice has been the Black Elderberry. This syrup contains very high levels of anthocyanins (an-tho-cy-an-ins) that are powerful compound antioxidants that protect cells against free radicals, while at the same time boosting your bodies immune system. I'm telling you, this stuff works - for me at least. I drink it and it's pretty sweet (there are versions out there that are not so sweet, tart even) and I rarely sense a sniffle coming on. I had the flu BAD a few weeks back for awhile and my mom brought this over and introduced it to me and it's been "Hello Sunshine, Goodbye Grey Clouds!" ever since. Look into it, you just might love it.
Nature's Way Sambucus Black Elderberry Original Syrup
Did I do a post on this before or maybe I just mentioned it? I don't know...but repetition can't hurt right?

I found it at vitacost.com for $8.99! Usual price can soar up to around $30 dollars if you don't know where to look.


My best,

Song of The Week: Corinne Bailey Rae "Put Your Records On". I love her guitar playing.

7 comments:

K. Rock said...

Can't wait to try this. Thanks for the info!

strokeofliving said...

Black Elderberry, how great. (Sigh) another thing to purchase from my health food store. :-) I't does look yummy however - not bad for an elixir.

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

I just got back from the Health food store...oh well, now I have an excuse to go back. hee.

Jen @ After The Alter said...

My husband is very big on herbal remedies...i have yet to totally give it a try. I will have to pass this info on to him!

Mammatalk said...

OK, now you've sent me running to the Health Food store, too! I love your recommends!

chubbydove said...

thanks for this tip ive been feeling yucky lately this crapy KY weather 50degree's one min then 19degree's the next day is making everyone sick......btw i got my lip balm in the mail 2 days ago and i'm loving it, thanks again for the great giveaway

blueviolet said...

I'm going to look for that! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...