Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

For The Mamas and the Papas...and Bebes!

New posts on Mondays!
New here? Start here...



Did You Know...
...for centuries, milk has been used as a natural, soothing skin cleanser and skin softener? - Burt's Bees


Babies, toddlers, and children 4 foot and under are just the cutest aren't they? After having our 2, my husband and I have reached our limit I believe. I remember before they were born I read what seemed like every single article in every parenting and pregnancy magazine ever written. I thought I was so prepared that nothing would surprise me and my house would be in order at all times, with quiet babies napping and learning and being pleasant.


Babies : Two babies in bubble bath Stock Photo
image from 123rf

What I got was a dose of reality that no books or 2 page articles in Pregnancy magazine could have prepared me for. Late night feedings, round the clock cryfests (them AND me), still LOOKING pregnant for awhile after the babies were born (umm...so unfair), and dealing with all the products I had in my house for the wee ones. People had bought us a lot of different things and the time had come to put them to use. I was young and a new mother and wasn't into reading cosmetic labels yet, I WAS however the mom that read every single food label that was on baby food jars which led me to making a huge portion of their food myself.

When it came to lotions, soaps, shampoos and such I just looked for one thing: "helps soothe baby to sleep". YES! Those were the words I longed to see. Anything that said that ended up in the cart, bought, and hauled off to our home.

Sadly, I used alot of things that had ingredients like the ones I warn everyone about on here. In one area this could have been avoided with this following product...




I tried this lotion out a few months back, and for some odd reason this review got lost in the shuffle. It's such a nice bottle of lotion. It is not completely all natural. The website says it's 98.81% natural (odd percentage right?) When I put it on my skin I slathered only a little bit onto my hands and I was able to use that little bit up to my elbows. It lasts for a long time and it really kept my hands moist. I am still looking for a completely natural lotion for my babies, but for now I use this on occasion and I share my other great lotion with them.

So if you are interested in this product, here are some places you can find it:
*Burt's Bees website of course
*Amazon had it the cheapest @ $3.10 + $5.98 (Shipping) for 4 oz.
and I do believe they sell it in Target.

Enjoy!
* Side note: something special is going to happen very shortly, so stay tuned...oooo intrigue!


My best,

Song of the Week: Florence + The Machine "Dog Days Are Over". If you are scared of clowns, don't watch the official video for this song! If you aren't scared of clowns, this video may change your mind. :oP

*Enjoy my "snow" for the entire winter. It's my little slice of real winter weather while living in the South. It would have more effect if my background weren't so light but whatya gonna do right?

10 comments:

Execumama said...

I've used Burt's Bees products too, and they are definitely keepers! Thanks!

angelina la dawn said...

i love this lotion! and i totally noticed your snow :)

K. Rock said...

I actually have a sample of that exact lotion in my office drawer. It works well but I had to get used to the smell. It was a little off putting at first.

Glad you mentioned the snow. I think I would have thought something was wrong with my computer screen :)

Lynn said...

@ Krock - you are absolutely right. I forgot to mention that it did have a not so aww you smell like a baby smell. It was more like a 'what's that smell? sniff. sniff.'

Turquoise Diaries said...

You are always giving very useful advices.. Thanks..

Melissa B. said...

I've used this myself before...always in the market for something that will heal my dry winter skin! Listen, I also wanted to thank you soooooooo much for stop­ping by on my Spe­cial SITS Day. It’s taken me a while to get back, but I hope to see you around the blo­gos­phere again soon!

Anonymous said...

I get so much more of your conversations when I am up to date with your blog. I like it...I really do!

Your Hubby

Darcel said...

I haven't tried any of the Burt's Bees products yet. I think I may give them a try this round. I've always used Aquaphor because it was the only thing that healed their dry skin.

Sunkissed Sister said...

My husband and I use several burt's Bees products, but because of the smell I didn't know if they would be too harsh for our infant son. Thanks for the info - I may give it a try.

**Check out my new blog: http://sunkissedsisters.blogspot.com/**

Amina said...

I've used several of their products and I looove the smell of the carrot moisturizer, almond hand cream, buttermilk...yummy!!
I stop using them as the fragrance started being overwhelming..but other than that great line

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...