Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

What's That Smell? Not Me!

New here? Start here...



Did You Know...
...there are appoximately 2 million sweat glands in our body? Without sweat, we would not be able to tolerate the heat our bodies would produce. - wiseGEEK



As many of you know, I have been on the search for the best all natural deodorant for awhile. Well, this week I am going to tell you about one that has fallen preeeetty close to the mark.

It's called crystal stick and not to be confused with Crystal deodorant - which I have tried and it was horrible, I think they actually PUT stink in the bar to be ABSORBED into the underarm. I lost a few friends!

Crystal Body Deodorant, Stick, 3.5-Ounces (Pack of 3)

Now I really like this stick. It's unisex, has NO Aluminum Chlorohydrate, fragrance free, hypoallergenic, non-staining (which is a big plus and I had to learn about the hard way). Get this - it lasts for over one year. 1 whole year! You can save a lot of greenbacks with this purchase. Can be used for underarms or feet...never tried it on the feet though AND it's 100% natural mineral salts. It's free of perfumes and chemicals. It's basically like the "salt of the earth" but for your underarms!

Useage: this can get tricky when you are away from home because you have to always moisten the top of the stone before each application. Which is sometimes annoying. Also, this is the same as others I have tried in that it takes a good while for this to dry so for at least 3-5 minutes you look like your either in the Madonna "Vogue" video or auditioning an interpretive dance piece for the "Walk Like an Egyptian" song.

Cost: I bought this on sale for only $5.59 (3.5 oz/100 grams) which I think is a great deal considering that it lasts a whole year and also did I mention that Amazon is trying to hawk theirs for $20.97?! I say later for you! If you can't find this in your local health foods store then try this yahoo shopping site which is selling it at a more affordable price of $5.35. Just type in crystal deodorant stick in the search box.

Overall, I really like this product. I am learning to have to bring it with me everywhere and sometimes have to use it morning, noon, and night. But to me that's a small price to pay. For the new post next Monday maybe I'll just talk about the yuck and science behind mainstream deodorants that I found and read up on. Any takers? Anyone interested in such a thing? I'm quite nerdy nowadays so I don't mind talking about 20 lettered chemical compounds, do you? ;o)



My best,


Musicality: The Surfaris "Wipe Out". The Beach Boys remade it, but both versions are stellar and always put the family in a good mood. Look for the second round of videos please. Just be patient...they switch each group of 4 vids around every 45 seconds.

13 comments:

strokeofliving said...

Thank you for leaving such a supportive comment on my latest health post. Although I don't see you listed yet, thanks for following me.

I love the idea of your new blog. Organic products are 'what's up.'

Good job!

Healthy Shift Worker said...

Hi Lynn - Thanks for stopping by and saying 'hello' on my blog. I'm really interested in yours too so you have a new follower!!

Dorkys Ramos said...

"I think they actually put stink in the bar to be absorbed into the underarm." Haha, I enjoyed this review! I keep experimenting and trying out different brands hoping to stumble upon the perfect one.

And thanks for entering this week's giveaway :)

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, I have never heard of such a thing!

angelina la dawn said...

thanks so much for sharing! i've always hated deoderant, but haven't really felt like i have many optinons since i use the strong stuff. i'm always interested in finding out about more natural products!

♥ Teresa ♥ said...

This is very interesting. Although I LOVE the fact that it could last up to a full year, I don't think I would like something I had to put on three times a day! WOW!

I'm stopping by from SITS! I just wanted to share a bit of comment love.♥ I hope the rest of your week is absolutely amazing!

Teresa <><

http://toomanyheartbeats.blogspot.com

K. Rock said...

I use the deodarant crystal roll on. It's the deoderant crystal ....in a roll on form (hence the name). It works pretty good for me. The best I have found so far.

Cairo Typ0 said...

I've heard of products like this but haven't found them to be strong enough for my needs. :(

Gloria said...

Lyn, this is one I'm definitely going to try . . I'm so fed up of having sore underarms from too many chemicals. Thanks.

Mammatalk said...

Not sure if this product is "woman" enough to take care of my needs, but I do agree...deodorant leaves much to be desired. It's not exactly organic, now is it?

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

I've been using natural deodorant for yrs after reading an article linking the aluminum in commercial brands to breast cancer. scary stuff! love your blog! now following you.

Matt said...

Wow! That is AWESOME! I am going to look for it.
I could buy really great Organic deoderant when we lived in Seattle, but Michigan isn't as Earth friendly.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Samantha said...

I'm getting more and more disappointed with the prices on Amazon, especially on Amazon...thanks for doing the legwork on competitve pricing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...