Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Is This Really My Skin?

New here? Start here...


Did You Know...
...the average woman uses a dozen personal care items containing 168 chemical ingredients DAILY and men use about 6 a day with around 85 chemicals?
- from the book Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry by Stacy Malkan



"Ay, ay, ay!" as my French speaking mom would say whenever she came across something disagreeable - broken lamps, fingerprints in a freshly decorated cake, contents of her purse upturned and her lipstick missing only to find it after following the red brick road scribbled onto the floor from her bedroom to the bathroom down the hall...ahem...I digress (sorry mom!)

But that's a whole lotta oh-no to be putting into our bodies right? Right. So this week I am telling you about something that can help eliminate and replace approximately 10 yucky ingredients for 10 great and natural ones.

It's this 4 oz. Country Oatmeal All Natural Handmade Soap by Elizabeth Rose that my awesome sister-in-law got me while we were visiting recently (thanks T!)

AllNaturalCounrtyOatmeal.jpg

I really loved this soap. It's made of all natural ingredients such as saponified oils of olive, coconut, palm, avocado, shea butter, jojoba and castor oil. It has rosemary and lavender, ground oatmeal and ground vanilla. All these wonderful ingredients just translate into...Yum-o! I used this and I was expecting alot out of it and it delivered big time. I'm not one for overpowering scents, especially when I am putting it on my skin, and this scent is oh so subtle. You really have to look for the smell so don't worry about it coming around the corner before you do! It makes my skin feel like butter - I'm sure all of those oils helped with that - and there's no harsh after burn, or itch! It lathers just as good as any Dove or Ivory any day of the week too.

It's $4.95 for this 4 oz. bar and I say well worth it. Elizabeth Rose Soaps has many other things for sale too. On her site you'll find Acne soap (which got rave reviews in the testimonials so guess what I will be ordering very soon? Lately, I've been battling with the grown folk acne..hmm...stress much?), bath milks and salts, body oils, perfumes, even unscented soaps for those of you with sensitive skin. Go and check her out and tell me what you think.

Elizabeth Rose Purity Inc.
Montgomery, NY 12549
1*877*457*SOAP

What have you guys been using on your skin lately? Any tips on how to nip this adult acne too?




My best,


Music: Bobby Darin "Splish Splash"... no explanation necessary...just enjoy! Okay it's official there is something wrong with YouTube and Blogger being on the same page musically. If you click to the left on the Song of the Week and a song called "Live It Up" starts playing, you can stop it because obviously that's not Bobby Darin. If you wait a few minutes it switches over to the Bobby Darin videos. Sorry for the delay and confusion.

9 comments:

Stesha said...

Adult acne sucks! Lately I had some awful breakouts. I'm too old for this crap.

I think I might give Elizabeth Rose Soap a try. It's hard trying to find chemical free products for your skin that actually work.

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

blueviolet said...

I've been using Cetaphil for a few years now.

Elizabeth Rose Soap sounds nice though!

Maggii said...

Popped over from SITS....that soap sounds awesome..I just may have to try it.

Turquoise Diaries said...

All those chemicals sound so scary..

Mammatalk said...

I have used Bioelements products. Simply lovely. But, I also enjoy Aura Cacia face products. I buy them at Whole Foods.

Sara said...

I will say I like my Aveda stuff for that reason, although that mess is pricier than I would like.

I also recommend organic toothpaste! At first, I thought it tasted funny, but now I think Crest takes like candy. Too sweet!

Gloria said...

Sounds good enough to eat Lynn. My neighbours here in Spain all make their own soap and now, so do I. I might publish the method soon and maybe you'll try it out.

Thanks for the lovely comments you left for me on my blog.

Have a blessed Lords day Lynn:-)

Lynn said...

Gloria I would love to read about a soap making tutorial. I'm really fascinated by the whole process. Keep us posted!

My best, Lynn

Antique Mascara said...

I'll send that Acne soap, too! You are SO right about the country oatmeal. Your skin feels smooth as butter. Love it. Never use Dove again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...