Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

I Clean. Therefore I Am...

New here? Start here...




Did You Know...
...that your kitchen sink has more germs than your typical bathroom? - Health magazine top 12 germiest places article on msnbc.com




I really try to stay on top of the house. Sometimes it blows up like an unruly child and just runs amok. I have no idea who used ALL those dishes in the sink OR who wore all those clothes in one weeks time... but alas there comes that day where I must hunker down and line up all my supplies in a row and put on my up-to-my elbows yellow Mr. Clean gloves and I just lay into that dirt. Show it what's what and not to show it's grimy face around here ever again. Or at least give me a few days rest!

Looking for alternative cleansers led me to this gem of a bottle:


The type is a bit on the small side right? So let me enlarge it for you:



This product and Co. have a lot of things going for it...good looks, doesn't smell...it's 32 fl. oz. of all natural goodness. It's non-toxic, no fumes, hypo-allergenic, no phosphates, free and clear of perfumes and dyes. Now I know I reviewed a similar type product a few weeks back with the Green Works bathroom cleaner review but this is different. No, really! For one, it's not solely for the bathroom, it's all purpose so feel free to drag it from the attic all the way to the basement - depending on what you've got there. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the effectiveness of the Green Works cleaner and how quick it cuts through grime but the "fragrance" coming from that bottle can seriously choke you out. So the search led me to Sev Gen (who's got the time, really?). Their website is definitely geared towards "green" and they have a ton of cool things pertaining to families and keeping children healthy. I really admire that. I found this really informative video about interesting chemical facts by Dr. Alan Greene. The Co. offers a slew of other products as well such as: dish soap, laundry detergent, paper products, feminine care and diapers & wipes. So go check it all out.

Their motto is taken from the Great Law of The Iroquois Confederacy which states: 'In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.' Why don't more people and companies follow this same concept? Who knows where this planet would be?

I bought this at WalMart for around 5 dollars. Sorry I forgot to get the exact amount down. I will revise this after I do. I recommend this very much so. It doesn't smell like anything really and it got my kitchen counters looking super clean. This product was NOT tested on animals (leaping bunny approved) and contains no animal ingredients.

Sooo when you run out and buy a bottle for your 'tackle the trash' days drop me a line on how much you love it or - gasp - hate it.



My best,


Music: Corinne Bailey Rae "Put Your Records On". She's so sunny isn't she? I wish I had a British accent sometimes. Yah dont cha know? No wait, that's Minnesotan... I think YouTube or Blogger is being Punked this week and keep on putting up random nonsensical music videos that NO ONE requested. So if you see any other video up besides Corinne Bailey Rae I have no control over that and I apologize for that. Technology shmology!

11 comments:

blueviolet said...

Ewwwww....I didn't know the kitchen sink was THAT bad. Icky!!!

Melinda said...

Hi Lynn! Thanks for visiting my blog last weekend. I agree with you, I'm not much for celebrating Halloween, but the kids do like to dress up. I'm much more of a Christmas person!

I'm very into all the Organic stuff. I haven't tried 7th generation, but I've seen it in my health food store. I used Murphy's Oil soap, vinegar and baking soda to clean pretty much everything in my house. Which, by the way, is in need of cleaning at the moment -- I'm having one of those days you're talking about! I gotta get after it!!

La'Tonya Richardson said...

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for stopping by my spot, commenting and following. I'm liking what you're doing here. I know it's so easy to clean, with what we've been using for years not thinking about what happens after we use chemicals. I think I will give it a try.

Keep doing what you're doing. I will be back, and now following you as well.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Hi Lynn,
Just found you through another blog and I'm glad I did.Thank you for your informative post.

I found your blog lovely and now I am your new follower:)

Have a great time!

Cairo Typ0 said...

I'll have to tell my husband about this product. He love scouring the kitchen sink to within a mm of its chrome. (He's weird but he's mine.) :p

Lynn said...

@ Melinda - I have been revamping some formulas for a few of my all natural easy to do yourself house cleaning mixtures. That will be a post quite soon. Stay tuned. If you have any that are tried and true for you I would love to hear about them.

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

Lynn, thank you so much for passing by.
Loved your comment!!
xo

Gloria said...

Those words, Sometimes it blows up like an unruly child and just runs amok. Happens in my house all the time!!! Just back from my travels and feeling a little tired buy tomorrow . . I'll be knee deep in rubber gloves and suds:)

Great blog . . and, didn't know that sugar was a natural craving . . really??? OMG what hope is there for us now!!!!

You have a new follower:)

Come visit when you can.
http://gloriacarringtonferrira.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Eeeeee! I believe that about the kitchen sink. Ours often smells truly foul. Plus, I clean my bathroom more often than most people floss, I imagine.

Mammatalk said...

We use it over here at my place. Great stuff.

Turquoise Diaries said...

Hey I love your blog.. So many useful info. I will definitely follow..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...