Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

ecoTOOLS Body Lotion

New here?
Start here.



Did You Know...
...that your skin loses about 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells from the surface almost every MINUTE, even though you don't see or feel it happening?



As I was looking into skin care and what can cause dry skin I was amazed at some things that some dermatologists have said. WebMD has a great article on 11 Causes of Dry Skin Problems and I would like to share just a few more interesting facts from it with you. Feel free to check it out for yourself and get more details though.

A few things listed as causes were harsh soap, itchy clothing, misusing moisturizer, and long, hot showers, medications and illnesses could trigger it too. Diabetes, psoriasis, hypothyroidism, malnutrition, and sadly too genetic predisposition (thanks Great Aunt Edna!) were listed as some reasons for dry skin.

Normal skin has a layer of natural fatty lipids that keep in moisture and leave the skin soft and supple. Dry skin is when the lipids have been stripped away leaving the skin cracked and unprotected. This leaves room for bacteria to get in there and cause infection too. Thankfully, there is a way to handle dry skin and manage it well.

One way is by using your moisturizer properly and using the right kind. Dr. Barney Kenet who authored How to Wash Your Face said not to put moisturizer on dry skin. "You have to put on moisturizer when your skin is still damp. That way, the moisturizer is trapping the moisture still on your skin." Great advice right? I'm notorious for NOT putting on my lotion right after a wash. I always forget until later when my daughter points to my hands and says happily "white!" (because she is learning her colors). Now Dr. Kenet instructs us to pat yourself dry with a towel and put the moisturizer on. Let it soak in for a few minutes, and then towel off the excess.

What's the right kind of lotion or moisturizer for dry skin?
Here is a super simple guide. Get a mild, perfume-free moisturizer. Dr. Kenet also praises drugstore moisturizers over the high-end products. For good dry skin care make sure the moisturizer is thick and greasy. Simple test: Put the lotion in the palm of your hand and flip your hand over. If it runs or drips, it's not thick enough for dry skin.

Enter our product review for this week......


To be more specific...
ecoTOOLS Nourishing Shea Butter Body Lotion

REVIEW:
I LOVE this lotion. I am glad that it is in my life. I bought it at Walgreens for around 8 dollars. It smells absolutely delicious. The fragrance has a tropical flair to it. After application of it, I am always in the mood for a fruity frozen mixed drink on a beach somewhere! It passed the palm flip test too. It is made from 98% natural products which I really appreciate about it. I looked up the non-natural ingredients and the one that I came across that might concern others with sensitive skin is Cetyl Palmitate which states that it may cause irritation. The other ingredients had very low hazards information and no environmental beefs with anyone. So I give this a huge thumbs up and full approval. I love it. You will too. It's a thick lotion so a little goes a long way. A bonus to this bottle was that in my Walgreens, ecoTOOLS was giving away a free tote with purchase (while supplies last) of either the Body Wash or Lotion and so mama got a cute new canvas tote with it too. Gotta love that!

Enjoy your moist skin this week people!



My best,


Lynn


Music: Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". I love the lotion, love this song...it's gonna be a good week!





13 comments:

Debbie said...

If I'm losing that much skin every minute, why don't I lose weight with it?

Stephanie Faris said...

I just have a question...how do we misuse moisturizer?

Lynn said...

@ Debbie - that is a logical question, maybe I'll look into that.

@ Stephanie F - we misuse it by putting it on while our skin is still dry. Putting it on while it's still damp after showering or washing them allows it to coat our skin and trap the moisture under that coat instead of letting it go and evaporate into the air.

Antique Mascara said...

At least, your kid's not pointing at your Hair saying "white!" hehe...

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

Sounds like a great product - I will have to check this one out - i am always on the hunt for a good lotion especially for my face!!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!

natural soap said...

thats interesting information!!didnt know about that however they say that the best way to take care of your skin is to use natural products

Allina said...

Are you unable to cope with the wrinkles in your face? If your facial deformity is making you unattractive in front of your hubby and he is drifting away from you, then it is time for you to find out an appropriate solution. A host of skincare treatments are available to erase the wrinkles from your face completely but if you opt for the Revitol cream, the look of your face would be entirely changed and the lines on your face would be a matter of a bygone era. Revitol cream is a product of the Revitol company and all Revitol natural skincare products are available for you at www.herbsncures.com/.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I wаnt to subscribe for thіs blog to
take newest upԁates, so wherе can i do it pleaѕе help out.



mу ѕite :: http://www.imprezka.com.pl/pl/1-zespol_na_wesele

Anonymous said...

I do not know whether it's just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your blog. It seems like some of the written text in your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be a issue with my web browser because I've had this
happen previously. Appreciate it

Here is my web site: Zinn collection and rejuvenex

Anonymous said...

I am no longer certain where you're getting your info, but good topic. I must spend a while finding out much more or figuring out more. Thanks for magnificent information I used to be on the lookout for this info for my mission.

My web blog; Lift and Glow Pro Review

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable for me to have a website, which is helpful designed for my experience. thanks admin

Here is my web page: Auravie

Anonymous said...

Great ԁelivery. Ѕound arguments. Кeep up the amazing еffort.


my homepаge; bcmath

Anonymous said...

Way сool! Some extremelу valiԁ points!
Ι apprecіate you penning thiѕ pοst pluѕ the rest of the site
iѕ very good.

Αlso visit my webpage ... kancelaria prawna wroclaw

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...