Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Totally Off Topic...


New here? Start here.

FIRST DAY OF "SCHOOL"!


I'm terribly busy today and the realization hour is almost here. My husband says "Why be so sad? It's only 3 hours a day - it's Pre-K!" I say (in my own mind) 'I have been home with this child since he was born now he is going off to some stranger to be taught valuable knowledge and I'm jealous that I will miss all of his wide-eyed wonder'. I thought by adding U2's flashy "Beautiful Day" as the song of the week I would feel better. No chance, they had no chance. Sorry Bono, but still LOVE the sunglasses! What if he likes it and I become obsolete? What if he comes home and I try to tell him something new and fascinating and he counters with "Mom, let me just stop you there. I already know all of this. I learned it in school today. What's for dinner?" I'm irrational and emotional and I might need a pill of some kind for a few different ailments by the end of the day! Just kidding. I'm going to try and be strong. I can do this...I can do this...don't cry...don't cry...too late. Okay time to go make the donuts and bring the firstborn off to college. :o)

My best, Lynn


Music: U2 Beautiful Day - is it really, Bono? Really? Really. Really?

8 comments:

Wifey said...

Tears are OK, it's a big deal, but you'll both be fine! What a milestone!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

K. Rock said...

I know this can be hard but you must know that a mom can never become obsolete. My son just started 3rd grade and he learns the basics in school but it is up to us to open their eyes to the wonderful things of the world and teach them about life, and character. He will always look to his parents. Don't worry about that!!

Stephanie Faris said...

(((HUGS))) You'll always be his mommy, no matter what. And nobody can replace a mom in a boy's life. He'll come home every day, excited to tell you about his adventures that day...sharing them with the most important person in his life.

Visiting from SITS, by the way!

JaelCustomDesigns said...

*Popping in from SITS

Awwww! I can empathize with you, I cry on the 1st day of school and graduation etc. It's a reminder my babies are growing up.

Frenzymom said...

It's so hard sending them off to their 1st day of school. I think we are more emotional for sure then the kids. I always stress over if they will make good friends, if they like their teacher, etc,etc. Hang in there. It's fun to hear about their exciting days they have and how much they are learning.

Antique Mascara said...

Just remember that YOU and your hubby give him the most valueble knowledge. Not the school system. Cry your little heart out. There ain't no shame. -T

Lynn said...

Thank you all so greatly for the words of encouragement! You have no idea how many of these I cried over because I know they are all true (plus my 'keep it together' button broke after having my kids and I cry at everything). Thanks again. I will post how I did that day and attach it to that school post.

My best, Lynn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...