Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let Green Works Work for You!

New here? Start here.



Did You Know...
...that you have a 1 in 10,499 chance of falling and drowning while in the bathtub over the course of your lifetime?



What a bummer, eh? Well if you're gonna go, the tub might as well look good when the medics rush in right?

Enter this weeks review.... green works natural bathroom cleaner (original scent)
Now this stuff rocks! I am not a paid endorsement or actress. I am but a simple housewife lookin' for some sweet cleaning action without all the harsh side effects. I really like this bottle. I was at the store recently perusing the cleansers aisle and looking for something that resembled normalcy and wouldn't make me grow a sixth toe while I slept at night (I have a very active imagination and may highly exaggerate at times). Have you ever read a bleach label? It says on cloroxprofessional.com that the active ingredients are:
Sodium Hypochlorite (6.15%)
OTHER INGREDIENTS (93.85%)
I kind of laughed at first and was like "Here we go again. Another large Corp. trying to get away with not really disclosing what is in their bottles" and I moved onto another bottle to see what ingredients they had. Every single bleach one had the same label. The tiniest percentage of the Sodium Hypochlorite and then 99.?% of whatever else they put in there. Now I would have had no problem if the other ingredient was made up of water even. That just shows me that the Hypochlorite is just that strong and needs to be THAT diluted down. Then it got me scared and worried because if it was water, then they surely would label that right? Right. Then what on earth could possibly make up the other 99 percent of what is in that bottle???? Slowly backing away from the Clorox my eye stumbled upon this pretty little number (pictured above) and I was drawn first and foremost to the non-sterile looking sunflower which was oh so purdy. I have been at this searching for the "good stuff" for awhile, so much so to the point that anything with a green label gets no quickening heartbeat from me! I know better than to believe that everything labeled green is actually good for me and my family. Beware of the packaging plot! This had a green label, but I gave it's ingredients a fine toothed comb looking over before committing it to my basket to mingle with my yogurt and orange juice.

It passed the test.

I have had great results every time I have pulled this out to clean the tub or sink. I have not used it on the toilet yet. I probably should have to give this a complete review. Hold on.

Okay. Don't use it on the toilet. It was just...eh....nothing to write home about on that front.

But everything else? Tub? Stellar. Sink? Stellar. I love this stuff. It has all natural ingredients and the only non-natural ingredient (alkyl polyglucoside) has not shown any harmful effects on the environment or humans. It does have fragrance and essential oils in it. I will say that it is a nose tickler. They were a little heavy handed when it came to the fragrance. That's one thing I don't like, and I have to turn on the vents when I spray but I'm just getting more sensitive as I age I think. Other than having too much of a good thing when it comes to the scent, this bathroom cleaner gets a huge thumbs up in my book. Tell your friends and your friends friends to use this stuff!

I bought it at Wal-Mart. Can't remember how much it was though. Sorry.

Unfortunately, if you missed my previous post, that's okay but it just explains a bit about why I have come to the conclusion not to do as many giveaways as I have in the past. Now, the fact that they will be surprises to you all will make it that much more special, right? :o) Riiiiight...

Have a great week people.

My best,



Lynn

Music: The Beatles "Here Comes The Sun". Sun, sun, sun, here it comes....enjoy it while it lasts! Here comes fall...

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Hey Lynn I am hoping over from SITS. Had my grandbaby all day and am just now getting around to the sharefest.

"Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest"

I have seen that cleaning item at WalMart and have bought it yet. Next time I need some I will definitely buy it. Thanks for the great review. I hope you have a great evening and do hop over and visit when you get the chance.

Marrdy said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday! I so enjoyed your comments about Aunt Marsha. And look!! Someone came to see you too.

Lynn said...

Thank you ladies. I also am officially hooked on all things green works. I will probably post another review on more of their products.

My best, Lynn

Darcel said...

See I'm not too fond of these products. I'm a Lysol girl. Trying to get away from that too.

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

I use Greenworks and I agree it is best for bath, shower but I don't use it for the toilet. Try 7th generation for that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...