Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

I Wear My Life on My Face


New here? Start here

Did You Know...
...that natural face masks can actually help moisturize as well as smoothen your skin without clogging your pores and causing irritation?


These last few weeks have just been the worst on my skin.  In about one weeks time, I moved out of practically 3 places, repainted 2 of them, and scrubbed the last one down with the most unorganic things out on the market ever created. (Have you ever moved into a home after 3 heavy smokers moved out after 2 years time? I needed to use some heavy duty artillery sadly)Alas, all of the commotion has taken a huge toll on my skin and I'm showing signs of aging, tiredness, irritability and just....blahhh...all over my face for the world to see.  

So I needed something for a pick me up for my face and here it is: an inexpensive, always in the house, no-fuss face mask. What is it?  Oatmeal of course!  It's so simple and quick to do and it pays off in a big way.  

Here we go...take one good handful of oatmeal (I had old-fashioned oven-toasted oats) and put about 1/4 cup of warm water (just enough to moisten it and make a paste) and mush it all together with your fingers or a spoon (if you want to do dishes) then...rub that goodness all over your face and wait for about 5-10 minutes.  *Note to mothers: nothing gets a kid to listen better than being scolded by their mother while this mask is on. Sad but true! Ha!* After 5-10 minutes rinse it off with some cool water and pat dry with a towel. Feel that buttery smooth skin?  That's all yours!   *Wife warning: your husbands will want to continuously feel your face*

Hope you enjoy the face mask ladies.  I'm off to move couches and put up bookshelves. 
G'day!

My Best, 



Lynn

Music: Oren Lavie "Her Morning Elegance".  I think this video is so creative and I love the voice and song too.  It makes me think of getting up in the morning just so I can hear the song. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  Photo from 123rf.com




6 comments:

Frippery said...

That mask sounds lovely. With every spring I get a blotchy rash on my face and neck. I'm going to try this, I know oatmeal is soothing to the skin. Too funny about scolding the kids, mine are 17 and 21, I don't think it would work with them. I would have to stop them from laughing first!

MOMSWEB said...

Oatmeal, huh? I think I can do this. It sounds simple and I already have the product! Thanks for sharing!

Frenzymom said...

Sounds nice I'll have to try it and I already have the "product" too!

Lynn said...

If you ladies try it and like it, let me know. If you don't like it, umm....I guess you can still let me know. :o)

My best, Lynn

Mammatalk said...

Oatmeal, huh? I think I'll give it a try!

joshlynn said...

Most def, I'm trying right now and great song Lynn, I love it! I'm admiring your creativity from afar...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...