Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lip Balm Love


New here? Start here.

Did You Know...
...the flavor you "taste" in your lip balm is really a sweetener named stevia?  Our brains work in a way so that what we smell and what we taste intermingle. So if you smell the cherry scent on your lips and taste the sweetener, your brain will tell you that this is cherry flavored lip balm.  If you removed the fragrance from each lip balm and just wore it with the sweetener inside, they would all taste the same.  

So this weeks review and giveaway is just...great fun!  I found a lip balm that is agreeable to all mankind (hopefully).  This week I used Lip Balm All Natural Enriched with Vitamin E and it's super good. That's really it's name.

Review:  I really liked this lip balm.  I have been using Burt's Bees and I was looking for a backup just in case in the event of a lunar eclipse.  This balm fit the bill.  I put it on about a few hours ago and it's still workin' it's stuff.  My lips got tingly and I figured that mmm....it must be working and I guess it was.  I read that Menthol in lip balms is counter productive due to the fact that menthol has a drying effect because it is a form of alcohol and it CAN cause skin irritation. This contains peppermint and I was worried that it might do the same thing but no. Just good 'ol fashioned lip love.  My lips are not dry whatsoever, they might even be described as supple.  Now that's a good lip day! Whoa-pah!  The ingredients are all natural as well.  Let's visit this little aspect real quick.

Ingredients: beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower oil, vitus vinifera (which translates into grape vine), grapeseed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin (it softens and protects) and vitamin E. 

ONTO THE MAIN EVENT!  GATHER ROUND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...NO PICTURES PLEASE, IT'S SHY....

The price......a whopping break the bank amount of $1.00! Yep. Heard it here first. A buck. You'll never guess where I found it either.  Dollar Tree!  Yep. The dollar store is carrying some serious stash of natural lip balm. 

I do not have a picture of the product unfortunately.  On the back of the packaging, it says it distributed by Greenbrier International, Inc. out of Chesapeake, VA. No website or anything. It's just called 100% Natural Lip Balm. I found it near the personal cosmetic items (i.e. nail polish, nail clippers, hair ties) It's just simply simplistic and cute encased in a plastic covering and attached to a light green and light yellow cardboard type pack. No frills really - but ALL THE THRILLS!!!! 

I love this product and to show how much I love it I am going to share it with others and make them believers too!  Spread the word, Lynn loves this lip balm so much that she purchased 3 extra just for this weeks giveaways!  Yep, you read right...3 wonderful people will be getting these shipped their way.  You know the drill people, leave a comment and you can win it. This week, tell me what your usual lip balm go-to has been and how it's treated you.  
*Double entry point if you recommend someone else to enter also, just leave a 2nd comment telling me you did or tell your friend/family member to drop your name in their comment*

Winners will be announced on Friday...Happy commenting and happy week y'all!



My best, Lynn

Music: Cake "The Distance".  Don't ask me what the first "official video" is even trying to convey because the concept is lost on me.  Avoid watching the last one though, why everyone thinks anime characters must be turned into music videos is beyond me.  I also have no control over which videos they put up for that particular song.  Sorry in advance.  All I can do is warn you about anything non-Kosher.

19 comments:

NJDecorator said...

I use DCT in the small orange-ish tub. It's small, easy to carry and does not really have any taste - which I like. I don't use much as I would rather wear lipstick.

Michael and Ermilene C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

I've never heard of DCT. Ooo...something to look up. I like that. I love lip balm under lipstick as my base moisturizer.

Lynn

Frenzymom said...

I use Blistex, I can't remember which one. I'm really good aren't I? Sometimes I use CO Bigelow's Lemon Lip Cream. Its Ultra moisturizing formula. I like the smell and the taste.

Gardner Family said...

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I have been homeschooling for 3 years now. I do love it. When my kids were younger I loved to use 5 in a row. I have link on my blog that you can use. It uses classic childrens books and makes a cirriculum that is easy for you and fun for your kids. You can taylor your lessons to your childs abilities. My son loved it. You can email me if you have any other questions. I would love to help.
m_gardner74@yahoo.com
Happy schooling.
Maria

Mammatalk said...

A buck?! Wow!

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

I use an avon lip balm. I alwways end up losing them so a dollar sounds like a great peice to me.

Lynn said...

Mamma & Renee - Yeah a bucks not breaking the bank these days that's for sure.

Execumama said...

I'm feelin' the price point like a muuuug...LOL! I will be checking my local dollar tree this weekend. Thanks for the information, Sis!

Oh, and Marley's at The Goddard School, but we taught her to read it home. It's painful (mostly for me and her dad), but it's worth it because she can occupy herself with books and her obsession with note writing...lol!

Joy said...

I'm going to have to look for this at my Dollar Tree!

I appreciate your kind comments on my blog. Thanks so much!

Mrs. Organic said...

I have liked the Mary Kay Lip Balm and the Burt's Bees one too. It would be nice if I could find a natural lip plumper (which is sort of a contradiction in terms).

My lips are full, but lately they are also wrinkling up a bit. Maybe not enough moisture? Have any ideas? Thanks for holding the giveaway.

Frippery said...

Lyn, I found your blog from your comment about Extreme Home Makeover. (Totally agree BTW) So glad I found you. Yeah Dollar Tree one of my fave places. This would make a great Easter basket treat too, and Mother's Day and... Oh oh, if I find it at my Dollar Tree I may clean them out! I have been using Burt's Bees, OK but a bit waxy. I've also used the Blistex in a little pot, it is nice and make my lips feel great. Pam

Anonymous said...

I will only use lip balms that are made out of all natural ingredients and don't contain parabens or any petroleum products. I consider myself to be a lip balm connoisseur because I have literally tried over 30 kinds of lip balm. I prefer either minty or fruity lip balms, so when I heard that the Made from Earth Spearmint and Blueberry Balm was really minty, I had to try it!

If this lip balm was so thick and waxy, it would be one of the best. I love it because it is made with natural ingredients, and because it is nice and minty which makes your lips tingle. Unfortunately, it is very thick and waxy and it doesn't glide on my lips like other lip balms do. That is my only complaint.

I would recommend it to others to try because I am a little picky when it comes to lip products, so it might just be me.

Anonymous said...

I love the all natural lip balm and wished theycarried it elsewhere besides the dollar store (even though it's great that it's a dollar). I have literally been to every all natural grocery store looking for it, and have even tried to find alternatives. There are no alternatives. This stuff is tingly like burts bees, but isn't as greasy. And though it is tingly, it doesn't sting your lips and turn them red (which bothers me). Please if we get the word out, we can all stock up!

Anonymous said...

I agree that it is thick and doesn't go on the same way other chap sticks do, but that is what I like about it. Other lip calms are too greasy...

Anonymous said...

Just bought the All Natural Lip Balm mentioned here, and jumped on to make sure it's safe since it's from an unknown distributor. Bought it because it says made in USA, so feel pretty okay about it. BTW ... there are TWO in the package for 1.00 !! SCREAMING good deal, and I like the smell/feel of it better than Burts.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wanted to mention, I loved this post.
It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

Look at my page ... Nject Ndulge

Anonymous said...


This season is the most disappointed battle array: Nash of the Mu that do obeisance to accept presents as leading role demon animal joins the 2nd group
Time of Beijing of Yahoo sports dispatch on April 13 message, contest of convention of 2012-13 sports season has neared end, beautiful now media writes civil chose this sports season the most disappointed battle array:
Center: Andrew - the Mu that do obeisance to accept (Philadelphia 76 people) : The field when people of last lake of sports season effectiveness all can contribute the Mu that do obeisance to accept 11.8 18.7 cent, backboard and 1.9 lids cap, and Where is this sports season? This sports season up to now, he did not represent 76 people group to had played a game as a result of knee the condition of an injury. Announced to will be opposite on March 18 two knee at the same time after the message of undergo surgery, the Mu that do obeisance to accept also was not waited for together with team again. Filmed in 76 people whole group a photograph of whole family takes a moment even, the Mu that do obeisance to accept was not attended. After this sports season ends, the Mu that do obeisance to accept will become a blame to get free player of limitation.
Forward: Kevin - Le Fu (bright team of wolf of Ni Suda forest) : Someone says Le Fu is one cares him data only and without giving thought to the fellow of team anyway. Bensaijiyin is hand ministry twice fracture, le Fu played 18 games merely. Accepted left knee surgery again recently, this sports season submits an expense account ahead of schedule. Silvan wolf also can hope to be able to issueing a sports season to restore vitality only, have health " head wolf " Le Fu.
Forward: Jielade - Hualaishi (Bulukelin basket network group) : After complete star is surpassed, jielade - data of Hua Lai person glides in the round, he lost confidence to his shoot a basket even.
Full back: Danny - Gelanjie (indiana pedestrian team) : This sports season, ge Lanjie is team go on an expedition merely 5 matches, pedestrian advocate Shuai Fulan is overcome - the latent capacity that Wogeer can dig other player again only.
Full back: Steve - Nash (group of person of los angeles lake) : On this allied history optimal one of accuse to defend, in group of person of los angeles lake complete fall from the sky.
The 2nd team
Center: Dwight - Howard (group of person of los angeles lake) : Back the condition of an injury brought very big impact to Howard, this also brought about Howard condition to glide directly.
Forward: Lu Di - Guy (team of Toronto fierce dragon) : Join in after fierce dragon, guy's field all notchs, backboard, secondary attack and grab had apparent promotion, however he did not raise team to bring a hope to this.
Forward: Andre - Bagenani (team of Toronto fierce dragon) : He even never feel well.
Full back: Triumphant Er - Luo Rui (team of Toronto fierce dragon) : Luo Ruiru is not to be in at the outset any more today the [url=http://michaeljordanshoes.yolasite.com/]michael jordan shoes[/url] Luo Rui of rocket period.
Full back: Da Lun - Kelisen (Dalasi calf team) : Mark - library class is mixed li of gram - Kalaier two clever and zenithal people, abandoned Derek however - Fischer and Mack - Zhanmusi gave Kelisen to enter the court time, let a person indissoluble.
The 3rd team
Center: Deandelu - Jordan (team of los angeles flier)
Forward: Paul - Jiasuoer (team of los angeles flier)
Forward: Ma Erxin - dagger tower is special (team of sun of phenanthrene Ni Kesi)
Full back: Eric - Gordon (team of new orleans wasp)
Full back: Bulandeng - Zhan Ning Si (Mierwoji hart team)(Responsibility edits: Shen Min is clear)

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your
site and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently fast.


Also visit my page: Continued

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...