Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Tom's of Maine Shave Cream


First time visitor? You may want to start here..


Did You Know...
...the European Parliament approved the creation of bee "recovery zones" across the Continent to boost the plummeting bee numbers.  These zones will have a variety of plants rich in nectar and pollen as well as free of pesticides.  


Today I will review for you something that I liked veddy, veddy much...

 

It is Tom's of Maine Natural Conditioning Shave Cream. Although it's not listed on their website (they have a lot of products - maybe they ran out of room?), I still love their website. Click on it to check it all out.  Here's the review:

REVIEW: As I was going through all things natural in the natural foods store I kept coming across this Company's products and I would look at the label, be impressed, then put it down.  I finally decided on getting this shave cream for my husband because he has been a Barbasol man since the day of our 'I Do's' but he itches after like it gave him fleas. Needless to say, I hate to see the man suffer so I'm glad I bought this. All week it sat there in the medicine cabinet...all lonely and getting bullied by the big, bad chemicals that sadly still live there (until mama can completely switch our products over to the natural and sunny side). After waiting what seemed like forever for the hubby to use it and tell me EVERYTHING he thought or felt about it - great times! - I finally realized that hmm....what is this itchy stuff all over my legs? HAIR! I completely forgot that I could use it for myself! (Enter a Homer Simpson D'OH!)  Off I went,  I wet my legs with warm water, squeezed (and when I say squeezed I mean Tom really made me work for my smooth legs - that stuff takes some elbow grease to get out of the tube) a small bit onto my hands and lathered over my legs.  It gives a decent amount of lather. I'm learning not to expect a huge Calvin & Hobbes type bubble bath lather in a lot of natural products.  I think they keep the glycerin (which gives it that sizzle) to a minimum.  Fine by me, as long as I come out cleaner than when I went in!  After the shave, I looked at my fine work and I was quite impressed. My skin looked and felt great and I didn't have that itching feeling afterwards.  I was hoping that it would have cured my hair growth altogether but since sometimes I'm sure I'm half Chewbacca - my leg hairs grow quickly whenever they come in contact with cold air.  I have a very protective body I guess... Anyway, short story long I loved it.  I prefer it, 5 out of 5 Lynns would recommend it to her patients and it gets the coveted 5 carrots. I'm converted and I hope you try it out.
   
  

STATS: A 3.6 oz. tube is $6.69 here,        
            Perfect Balance Organics                                   
            9264 Cortez Blvd.
           Weeki Wachee, FL 34613
           352*597*8100   *call ahead - sometimes they run out.                                          
            OR   
            I found it for a steal @$3.75 on www.drugstore.com

SUMMARY:  I really liked this product and even more importantly, I appreciate the company of Tom's of Maine. Their methods and ideas on animal testing, product ingredients, and consumer treatment just blew me away.  I encourage all of you to go to their website and peruse around. You'll be impressed.  Tom's
* Don't forget to leave a comment to win it!
Want to leave a comment but don't know how? Click here
Winner will be announced Friday!

Music:  Couldn't help myself.  He first appeared in Jan. and now Israel (his story is at the bottom of that post) is back for an encore performance for the week. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

I had to crack up on the Chewbaca line. I totally understand what you are talking about.

Antique Mascara said...

I totally have to get this for my husband! Poor thing has to shave ALOT more than he's used to and he's always complaining about the burning. I don't envy facial hair.

Chelsea said...

Hey Lynn. I actually remembered to check it out! I just left the page up hehe. This stuff sounds pretty cool. You may not know this but I can be a hairy little monster. Hope I get to try this stuff. Either by winning it or maybe one week when I have a lil xtra moolah. :)

Lynn said...

Chelsea - if you win, I would have virtually no shipping or handling...that sounds good to me! :o)

Antique - so you wouldn't pay the .50 cents to see the Bearded Lady @ the Fair? I wonder what she does on a hot day...put the beard in a ponytail?...Poor lady.

Anonymous said...

This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something
which helped me. Thanks a lot!

my web-site ... easiest way to lose weight

Anonymous said...

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a
captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding
one? Thanks a lot!

Also visit my site: rapid weight loss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...