Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

No Review. Just Talk.

Did You Know...
...a large majority of the skin care and cosmetic products on the market today have never been evaluated for safety by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration) and the CIR (Cosmetic Ingredient Review) or any other publicly accountable institution.
 
Sorry to disappoint but the product that I was going to review this week was OrganicOptions Calming & Moisturizing shower gel. This product is available at your local Wal-Mart storefor $5.87.  However, for not having a lot of ingredients, it still has some in it that are disagreeable to the skin.  Another example of an overly-advertised as Organic product not being that great for you still.  The packaging says NO ANIMAL TESTING - which is WONDERFUL - but when I went on the website www.dendera.net (wait! don't click on it and waste your time) to get more information about the Co.  the website was unavailable.  Something about that feels shady and a little too fly-by-night for me.  So I'd rather not review it and just...talk.  

Did I tell you that I have run my course with Wal-Mart and I'm done searching for good skin care products there?  Well I have.  I scoured every single shelf and came up short way too many times. Honestly it also gets annoying when you keep on looking up ingredients of stuff that you have worn for years just to realize that it's loaded like a baked potato @ Applebee's - chock-full-of preservatives, additives, and yuck!  

Next week, I will do a review of something that I think will be truly good for us.  I don't want to say the name just yet because of....well, I really don't have a good reason but I want to make sure I like it before I tell everyone else about it.  Hmm...I guess there was a reason!  

So next week it is folks! 

My best, Lynn

Music: Carole King "Beautiful" - a little perspective from this classic woman. Click on the 2nd one.  That's the original. 
*My beautiful sunflower was provided by Susie B on FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad to hear you're looking for products with no animal testing! :)

I hear you on how irritating it is to buy an "organic" product and find it full of chemicals. I actually read this interesting article on how Dr. Bronners Soap is suing some faux-organic companies for false advertising. Apparently you can only trust USDA organic certification for actual organicness. It's just frightening!

Lynn said...

You are right about the USDA certification. More companies should be taken to task for false advertising.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...