Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Day One on the Island...

So I needed some lotion. My husband gave me some cash and said the words 'Spend it however you'd like'. What a man, I know. Here I am at the store looking up and down all the daunting rows upon rows of pink, blue, and brown bottles. Each one promising just as much fragrance and fluff as the last.
Then it dawned on me. What's in all this stuff? I turned one bottle around to the back just to peruse the ingredients and came across things I'd never heard of in this life. Flibbertyjibbit acid and this and that and some of that other stuff too. It was too much for my little head to understand.

I put the next few bottles that said the same thing essentially back on the shelf, stuffed my money back in my pocket (oh yeah, old school cashola) and headed home with the thought in my head of 'There has GOT to be a better alternative, and all of these chemicals can't be good for my body!'

I have put extensive amounts of time into researching what we should and should not be putting into our bodies. After taking these products for a test drive, the end result and my honest opinion will be put forth to electronic paper and you will be a better and more informed consumer because of it.

Expect to learn something new each week in my Did You Know feature. There will be a new product featured each week. I will let you know what is in the jar, bottle, whatever. If it's good for you, how much it costs, and where to get it. This will be updated every Monday because we're all busy right? There will be freebie giveaways at times and interesting tid-bits along the way. With my SONG OF THE WEEK feature on the left you will find feel-good kinda music each week. Welcome to my blog...because we all deserve happy, healthy bodies and a positive outlook.

COMING SOON! NEW Jergens Naturals Refresh Daily Moisturizer review


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site and look hope all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for doing the research and sharing what you find with the rest of us who are interested in healthy skin care products!

Execumama said...

So glad I stumbled upon your site! I'll be checking in regularly...

Best,

jingle said...

creative,
thank you for taking the time to share and entertain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...